Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IM NEW TO THIS SO I WAS WONDERING IF ANYONE CAN HELP ME WITH MY 2004 SVT.. MY AC IS BLOWING BUT NO COOL AIR IS COMING OUT AND I DONT HEAR THE COMPRESSOR ENGAGING.. I CHECK THE FUSE UNDERNEATH THE DASH AND IT SEEMS TO BE GOOD. I ALSO KNOW THAT IT HAS FLUID IN IT.. WHY WONT IT CLICK ON ?? PLEASE HELP [mad] [???:)]

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
TURN OFF YOUR CAPS!!

You probably are extremely low on freon. The compressor won't come on when you are that low. You need to get it checked for a leak.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry about the caps well i checked to see if i was low on freon but i wasnt.. and i also put atlittle in to see if it would leak but it didnt ... Theres got to be a fuse or relay some where i also checked the fuse under the dash and it was good .. Is there a relay or something else i should look at before i determine its my compressor ?

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry about the caps well i checked to see if i was low on freon but i wasnt.. and i also put atlittle in to see if it would leak but it didnt ... Theres got to be a fuse or relay some where i also checked the fuse under the dash and it was good .. Is there a relay or something else i should look at before i determine its my compressor ?

·
Registered
93 Posts
if your refrigerant is low, the compressor won't kick on. if the compressor won't kick on, it won't take a charge. usually, you can jumper the wires on the low pressure switch to get the clutch to engage so you can fill it. that's standard procedure on pretty much every a/c system.

lucas.

·
Registered
2 Posts
A/C

You probably have a cracked evaporator core. I have had to have my A/C recharged 4x within the last 2yrs. Finally the dealership realized what the problem was and they are replacing my evaporator core. Apparently its a real problem with the focus.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts