Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to find out if there are common components to the 2nd gen (in my case 2010) Focus AC system that tend to leak. I'd be interested in hearing about leaks folks have found, where they are, and what you did to repair them, or even if you repaired them.

My granddaughters Focus won't h old a charge for more then a week or two. I've already found evidence of leakage on the condenser, but other components, such as the evaporator, are difficult to check. the compressor's pretty buried, also.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2007 Mk2 Ghia 1.6 Petrol Automatic
6 Posts
Take it to have it recharged, tell them its not lasting more than a week. They should check the system and put a dye thru it that will show where the leaks are even at higher pressures.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Evaporator.

It is leaking inside the unit. This is a big job ... but not impossible... and can save you over a 1,000

Just replaced mine last year. Ford had an issue with the cabin air filter clogging up and causing water to leak on to the passenger floor well. After 2009 they just removed the cabin air filter and did not put anything it's place. After a few years dirt and small debris find their way down into the evaporator housing. This clogs the drain ports and water starts to pool on the bottom of the assembly .... and eventually causing the evaporator to leak.

(21) 2011 Focus AC evaporator replacement .... someone get me a beer | Focus Fanatics Forum

The four seasons stuff from Rock auto is OK .... but don't cheap out on the compressor. When i put the 4 seasons compressor in it was not working properly. I went ahead and sent it back and put the original back in ... since it wasn't bad. 6 months later it went out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts