Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just completed bypassing my AC compressor and needed the correct belt but I could not find a definitive answer. The belt I ended up using is 78" long. Part numbers are:

Napa 25060780

Goodyear/Gatorback 4060780

Some others might be 780K6

Marc

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just wanted to BUMP this because I've been searching for the answer to what length an AC delete belt is, and it took me an hour to find the right thread!

Thanks reverand.

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
FWIW, just buy the belt for the Focus with out A/C. It's listed in most every parts system.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Yeah just get one for a non ac car of the same year. I did the same thing cuz my ac compressor went out. Pretty sure its an 87.5" though.
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
FWIW, just buy the belt for the Focus with out A/C. It's listed in most every parts system.
^^^^ Yep thats the easy way to do it.... why do it the easy way...LOL

·
Registered
48 Posts
Compressor Replacement or Bypass

Reverand - What method or product did you use to eliminate your compressor, and did you notice any gains?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Will this work on a 2003 with the 2 L Zetec? There are a few other posts about this topic, but, insofar as I could tell, none were specific to the 2003-2004, which looks to be a bit different.

·
Registered
8 Posts
yes just ask for a belt for the zetec with no a/c
Excellent; the car's ready to pickup from the mechanic, and my bill is almost $200 less thanks to that top-tip. Much obliged, gentlemen! [cheers]

Now, time to build up the courage to attempt a DIY a/c compressor replacement myself...

·
Premium Member
7,498 Posts
Excellent; the car's ready to pickup from the mechanic, and my bill is almost $200 less thanks to that top-tip. Much obliged, gentlemen! [cheers]

Now, time to build up the courage to attempt a DIY a/c compressor replacement myself...
No Problem!

You need an A/C compressor?

·
Registered
8 Posts
No Problem!

You need an A/C compressor?
Yes indeed, the compressor froze up and shredded the accessory belt; in addition to the $235 for a new accessory belt and tensioner, the mechanic wanted $280 to put in a used compressor (which wouldn't be connected back to the AC system, would just be a big bypass pulley, which he said wasn't available for this car), or $830 to put in a new compressor and get the AC working. At 192,000 miles in MN, functional AC via a mechanic would seem to be a bad investment.

So yeah, you actually saved me almost $300... at least until I install a new compressor myself and break something else that requires professional attention.

·
Registered
3 Posts
2 peice under drive pulley kit

need to find a ac delete idler as a shorter belt doesnt work with the 2 peice under drive pulley system does anyone know of a manufactruer that makes one

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have a 2.0 Zetec that originally had A/C, and I just took off the compressor, and mounted up a non-A/C belt.

Dayco p/n 755K6. Luck!

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2.0 Zetec that originally had A/C, and I just took off the compressor, and mounted up a non-A/C belt.

Dayco p/n 755K6. Luck!
do ya know if that will still work with the larger water pump pulley i have the 2 peice kit from cfm and their technical guys said the belt would rub on its self although the belt routing diagram tells me he may be wrong

1 - 17 of 17 Posts