Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a late mod 01 Ford focus se but it's got 2002 on title. Anyway my ac compressor pulley seized up, but instead of putting on a bypass pulley I bought another ac compressor off of a wrecked 2003 focus 2 Dr. I put it on my car, everything hooked up great BUT.... now I have too much slack and I noticed the new pulley is about an inch smaller than my old one. They said it was compatible, so do I just need to get a smaller belt? I honestly need help asap if someone can help me. I need my car for everyday traveling and I don't know what to do, I would appreciate any advice, if anyone knows more about it and can help me, it would mean the world to me. Thank you all and

·
Registered
786 Posts
You have two choices one go to an automotive parts store and get a belt that is a little bit smaller. Hopefully they will help you and you can compare the belt that you have with some other belts and get one a little bit smaller.
Or your second choice you can simply get a belt for a car without air conditioning and just bypass the whole AC compressor.
Air conditioning wasn't standard on these cars it was an option so the belt option is either with AC or without.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

1 - 2 of 2 Posts