Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok this is a two part issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1. When car is sitting still the ac doesn't blow cold, the car needs to be moving in order for the ac to kick in the cold air, also if I'm sitting still for more than a
minute I can see the temperature gauge start to rise so I turn off the AC.

2. In trying to diagnose this problem I ran into a second and probably related issue, when traveling about 70mph with the AC on the temp gauge will start to rise until I either turn off AC or drop the card down below 70mph.

Please help me with this, as I would like to run my AC both in and around town and on longer trips where I will be traveling above 70mph.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Sounds like you are low on R-134. You could top it off with that stuff from wal-mart if you wanna. Also possibly a clogged condenser i had this happen on a dodge daytona i had.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm not sure if they are working correctly. They do come on and they go back off. I'm not really sure when they should be running. I seems like they both come on at the sametime and go off at the sametime.

·
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
6,125 Posts
there are some ecu programmers on the market that can let you controll if you want the fans to come on at all and at what temp for them to come on. i have a cracked compressor on my zx3 so i never have a/c. not having frion(spell check) does seem to cause overheating in my car on stock program where the fans kick on at about 220 degrees or higher so i have mine set to kick both fans on at 170 and it has yet to come close to overheating in months. try putting some frion in there and give us an update. it costs like $10 max. another tip check your coolant. if you dont have any in that little tank on the left side of the engine bay then theres your problem right there. but im leaning torward a/c

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did the fan mod located in the mod section now I have no problems. Basically I jumped the connection now my fans come on whenever the car is in the "on" position as selected by the ignition. Haven't had any problems and it's been about three weeks now. Also to note that on the 2.3 you want to jump r16 as there is nothing in r15.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts