Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
If anyone was interested:

I posted a craigslist ad the other day for a $50 Ipod touch in Topeka Kansas' Craigslist. For the contact in I put Tim Phelp's phone numbers, and put in the ad "Only contact via phone." lol So i checked my email earlier, and surprisingly I have one reply to the ad from a Mr. Tim Phelps, and the email says: "This is a bogus entry designed to create harassment at the home and business place of Timothy Phelps. If this is a way to have this item deleted, I would appreciate it being deleted immediately."
I replied with: "Hello,

The ad is down now. I Just thought I would have a little fun with you. I sincerely hope it did not cause you harm in any way.

Yours in faith,
Craigslister.

P.S. My brother is a soldier who just returned for Afghanistan safely, and I am an Airman waiting to deploy. We (fellow soldiers) fight hard, sacrifice our lives and make our loved ones worried sick about us to keep you, and other civilians free. You're welcome."

Im not going to disclose his email address for privacy reasons. But it made me chuckle

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
^^^Thats great! The patriot guard showed up at my brothers coming home ceremony from Afghanistan. No protesters showed up. If they did, I would have a few choice words for them lol

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
ya i think i would have to but i like what those guys are doing. The bikes may be loud but i would rather hear those then the dumb a**es out front trying to convince people that God is something he is NOT!!!

·
Captain TMI
21,235 Posts
Not military, so I hope y'all don't mind me posting.

I hate fundamentalists of any religious doctrine, even attaching the word "fundamentalist" to them seems hypocritical because it would imply that their interpretation was founded on the basic values of the religion. In definition, they seem more like anti-fundamentalists IMO.

If you can, get the word out to the Patriot Guard or whomever is protesting these morons to carry around signs with "Matthew 7:12, and Luke 6:31" on them. That's the Golden Rule. I'd consider that fundamental Christianity. I wouldn't suggest putting the actual quotes on there, and it might even be possible to get those people chanting if someone started a chant. That would be a great YouTube video- put the actual verses at the bottom of the screen while zooming in on them chanting.

·
Registered
1,406 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
My question is, where in the bible did it say that God hates everyone, and were all going to hell? Where do they get any of their logic from. I think theyre trolling. [scratch] They seem to be desperate for attention. It even says in the Bible that hypocrites go out and do good deeds, and then seek attention for it and want to be acknowledged for their deeds. Which is kind of what theyre doing, they go out to "preach the word" but I think its all for attention. If thats what they wanted, they got it for sure.

·
Registered
286 Posts
We had the Patriot Guard at my buddy's funeral. I think having them with or without the protestors is comforting to the friends and family members. I was in uniform fresh from Iraq and ready to kick some @$$ had WBC showed up. I thank God they didn't, at that time my temper would have really gotten me into some trouble.

·
Registered
710 Posts
sorry for your loss

The lack of basic respect on so many levels shrouded by what these jackarses call religion

21 - 31 of 31 Posts