Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me if I can get rid of my abs but keep the light off? If I disconect the wiring ? I know if you pull the relay the light comes on. Any info would.be great

w/ my magic bag
Why do you want to delete your abs?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Its mostly because of replacing parts and honestly has anyone ever put the abs tone ring on a non abs CV joint? that's if that's possably save me alot of hastle. Just my local junkyard all the focus's with abs are the smaller diameter ones.

w/ my magic bag
What makes you think that a j/y c/v axle is any good?

Registered
Discussion Starter #5
There gauronteed for 7months but that's besides the point bro. Im trying to get the info if anyone has put a tone ring on a non abs Axel and had everything be all good.

Registered
Can anyone tell me if I can get rid of my abs but keep the light off? If I disconect the wiring ? I know if you pull the relay the light comes on. Any info would.be great
If it really bugs you (like it did for me), pull your instrument cluster, remove the back cover and put a little black electrical tape over the light in the cluster and reassemble. It sounds like a lot of effort but I was able to do it in about 20-30 minutes. No more ABS light.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
I posted again about this than after more research found out the tone ring is inside the wheel bearing hub and doesn't have the tone ring one the Axel like alot of cars.which means the Axel I have will work and im releaved

1 - 7 of 7 Posts