Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm pretty sure I have abs. I just recently figured this out. I was looking at my fuses and saw that I had a fuse for ABS which I was in complete amazment of, because when I stomp on the break the tires just lock up and leave nice long black streaks.. I pulled out the fuse and it seems to be in great shape. So do I really have ABS, or is it not working for some odd reason? If I do, and something is wrong, please your put input as to what the problem may be!

·
Registered
3,737 Posts
I am not sure, but I believe Ford simply uses a single fuse box in the factory, stocked with all the fuses for all the options whether or not you have the option installed.

It is cheaper to simply have one fully-fused fuse block for all the Focuses on the production line, that to stock many variations or pay people to pull-out fuses. It also reduces the likelihood of an assembly mistake, where an ABS-equipped vehicle doesn't have the ABS fuse.

But I'm only 95% sure of this.

You can check the brake line plumbing and/or check for the ABS wires going to the wheel hubs. A Ford dealer could also run your VIN for you and see if it was equipped from the factory with ABS.

·
Focus Hoarder
3,633 Posts
Nope I have 2 Focus's 1 have the 2 airbag fuses the other does not.. theres one sure way to find out look behind the front wheel and look for an electrical connector directly behind the spring mounted to the sidewall of the wheel well :)

heres a pic of both my fusebox's on both my wagons and I was under the impression BOTH (from what the dealer told me when we purchased wagon 1 yet we find out it does not XD ) a check of the wheel well shows that the abs connectors are missing which verifies my suspicion that there was no abs on wagon 1
Wagon 1's

Wagon 2's

1 - 3 of 3 Posts