Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi, on my 2004 focus I intermittent gets something that looks like an ABS fail, after like 5miles of driving the esp, abs & e- brake lamps comes on, this is also followed by , B1342 ECU Is Defective, restarting the engine will in most cases make the lights go out, & I can reset the B1342 code. Im not sure what the B1342 has to do with this problem, using ScanXL enhanced to read ABS codes.
Any ideas? Its not that fun replacing the ABS unit.. , On my previous Focus it was a simple fix (partly broken 12v wire to the ABS unit, but not this time)
By the way anyone that can explain how to pull the plug on the ABS unit? :), ITS says press tab & lift cover, done so, even removed cover, made sure the locking sliders on both side is pulled up, but still cant pull the plug more than like 2-3mm, any good explan:ation how to do this?

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Ok, no replies.. Going for an ABS diag at the Ford dealer on Thursday, price is pretty stiff,
1500Nok ie, 275USD... Will tell you the outcome. (Maybe I should buy an IDS interface, its only 350 USD) :)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Diag with IDS confirmed my diag, ABS unit gone bananas, will put in a used one.
Just curious where you found a $300 VCM?

The IDS software is free but the vehicle communication module (VCM) is required to convert the auto protocol to USB. There are a lot of counterfeit VCM's out there that cannot be renewed with the required annual software renewal. That's not a bad price for the VCM unit itself but the registration renewal is quite expensive and cannot be performed on counterfeit units.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fake ones, just google & take y time & you will find. So its not the real stuff & you are stuck with version of IDS that this unit will run with. (all made in china of course)

·
Registered
497 Posts
Fake ones, just google & take y time & you will find. So its not the real stuff & you are stuck with version of IDS that this unit will run with. (all made in china of course)
That's kinda what I figured. Can't blame a guy for saving money (capitalist american's, right lol) but unfortunately China's addiction to stealing everyone's intellectual property is supported by folks like you that buy their shit... just sayin' [8D]

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm having this same intermittent abs problem on a 2010. I get a error code b1342 in the abs module. Thinking about getting a used module but will have to program it. What if any codes were you getting? Also there are so many vcm2 clone options. Do you know of a good reputable source link?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts