Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys my abs and traction light wont go off and i cant turn on my traction also my brakes feel like they're not doing the job right, im not a mechanic any suggestions on what to check?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
ABS sensors and or ABS rings (those cogged tooth things).
I know my Volvo had both ABS and traction control lights on which I traced to a dead ABS sensor. I think the Focus is similar.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Before doing anything have the ABS codes pulled. A standard OBD2 scanner may not have the ABS abilities but some do. Alternatively you can use one of the ELM327 based ODB2 to either USB or bluetooth adapters along with the Forscan to read the codes. Once you have the code(s) you can then look at the area indicated by the code.

It may be a bad sensor, a broken wire, somehow a reluctor ring went bad, if you recently had bearings replaced they may have been installed backwards (as some bearings have the ABS ring integrated with them), or in worst case an issue with the ABS or traction control modules. Until you pull the codes everything else is just guessing.

·
Taciturn. Your turn.
2,210 Posts
Check the fuse first,, I know it's fuse 46 on the SVT, not sure if its the same for an '07.

Second most likely thing would be an ABS sensor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts