Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ABS-warning lamp lit up, the workshop diagnosed the problem, and found the ABS-pump to be faulty (the ECU-part did not throw any faults).

Problem is, the part needed cost in excess of $4000 in local currency - and the vehicle's worth in the vicinity of $8-9000 in my country.

I just can't purchase the part at such a pricetag, and neither can I throw the vehicle away when the rest of the vehicle is just fine - as it has always been... I will not keep it's plates if the ABS is not working...

The dealer identified the needed part# as 1134287 or 98AG-2C286-BA

I have checked ebay several days a week for a month - and this particular part# does not seem to be for sale at all - but if I could use the ...-CA (instead of ...BA), they come at 15 a dozen at a reasonable pricetag.

Dealer says no other pump can be used.

To me it seems like ABS+TC or ABS less TC is what distinguishes parts, even if most look very much the same - and a pump is a pump. However, brakes are to be taken seriously.

Anyone know if other part# might be used?

Thanks!

Ford Focus 1.6 zetec Estate 2000MY

·
Registered
602 Posts
You can remove it from the car & send it for repair , as far as I know the body is the same, the difference is the electronics part.Have you verified the part number by reading the label on the pump?. Guess you should have 3 lamps lit , tc abs and the handbrake lamp?
Pse chk this, the supply wire to the ABS, its ran under the airfilterbox and tends to worn to pieces, giving all kinds of errors. & most workshops are not aware of this...
By the way , do you have the faultcodes?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts