Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple days ago my ABS light came on and it's been on since, i checked the fuse and it was ok, anyone know what it might be? and is it expensive?

·
Registered
432 Posts
check your brake fluid.. i know mine came on when it was low

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it came on like 20 mins after i filled my brake fluid and im pretty sure the parking brake light comes on when the brake fluid is low, not the abs light

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Is you ABS still working? Next time your on a slick surface, do you feel it working?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I had the problem, turned out one of the wheel speed sensors had failed. In my case the traction control light also came on, since it uses the same sensor. It was repaired under warranty, so I have no idea what the part or labor cost would be. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
My Daughters Focus just did the same thing. Her light is on. She called me and I asked her if the abs brakes were working and she said it didnt feel like it. What should we check and can she drive it a while with the light on?

Thanks

·
Registered
156 Posts
I fixed once and issue like this, and the problem was not that the speed sensors in the wheels were damaged. They were so dirty that couldn't read the speed, so I only had to clean the layer of dirt around them and everything started working perfectly again.

If it is ABS related, you should get an ABS reader that tells you what's going on, but those are really expensive. You can replace a sensor easily with a manual and some skills. But this depends on where they are located and if it's a sensor problem and not other thing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts