Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I'm at a loss and can't tell if they are related, figured the hive mind could help me out.

ABS light came on recently, I have a C1142 on the front right, all other wheels but the front left have a wheel speed sensor issue. I just had the front left bearing replaced and wasn't shocked the ABS light didn't go out. I have scanned codes after doing 40 with the light on/off and there is no change in the ABS system.

Monday morning the ((!)) brake light came on like the e-brake was set. So, I pull over, check the reservoir, pull the e-brake a few times and figure it was nothing to worry about but it didn't stay out. I have fiddled with the e-brake sensor and the brake fluid sensor but have come up short with the cause.

Just for grins I also checked the clutch cylinder which have no signs of leakage.

I'm wondering if the ABS system could cause the ((!)) light to come on?

What could be the possible causes of the ((!)) light other than switch and fluid sensors?

Lastly, could there be a bad ground or anything else I'm totally overlooking?

Any help, direction, or ideas totally welcome.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was the Light on before or after wheel bearing change.
Thanks for the reply, it was after by a few days. I went to the pick-a-part yesterday and changed out the e-brake switch and the brake fluid sensor. The ((!)) brake light is out now but I'm hesitant to call it "fixed" for a few more days.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have a look at your abs sensor......
Right, the ABS light has been off and on the last couple of days, this morning commute it was out the entire way so that's kind of a sign. I'll be ordering the wheel sensors for the front right and probably replace the bearing while I'm at it. Guess I'm in pretty good shape for now.

Thanks for the help folks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts