Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On my way to work, some guy decided to make a left turn from the middle lane into my car in an intersection that does not allow left turns.

I'm [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]g devastated. Luckily I wasnt hurt, but god damn. Had the car 2 weeks and now it'll never be the same. Anyone know any good body shops/mechanics on Long Island/NYC area?[?|]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
*cringes*

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Get the panel replaced not repaired. With a nearly new car, get the suspension thoroughly checked out. (Also go to a place that has the machines to check exact frame dimensions, and have it also checked out 100% They hit you so get a lawyer (and a neck brace!!) Get your car paid for at least. [cheers]

·
Registered
92 Posts
It looks like (luckily) the damage is concentrated to only one panel. If there is no other damage, alignment issues...

...at least the car wont be held up for very long.

I would have some choice words with the other driver... [hatchet]

So sorry to see!

·
Sonic's MK3 Crew #14
2,026 Posts
That's devastating, sorry man. Hopefully you get it fixed quick and back to new

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it seems to drive ok, no weird vibrations, but the steering wheel is not straight anymore, the wheel had some scuf[:)][:)][:)]e, and there was a bit of damage to the rear bumper/panel also. The guy claimed full responsibility, we both have geico so they set me up with their auto express repair service. supposedly they gaurantee all repairs for the life of the vehicle, so even if they dont do it right I'll have that gaurantee to make them get it right, but hopefully I wont have to.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Damn man, atleast it looks like from the few 2012s ive seen in pics with damage that they hold up very well to impact, so thats a plus.

·
Registered
968 Posts
They hit you so get a lawyer (and a neck brace!!) Get your car paid for at least. [cheers]
And people wonder why car insurance is so expensive...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lovely.

might have knocked your toe alignment out, or bent the strut tower a bit... I know they will but make sure they do an alignment and obviously check for bent components/frame damage. it can all be done on the alignment machine if they're competent in its use.

·
Registered
168 Posts
The guy claimed full responsibility, we both have geico so they set me up with their auto express repair service. .
Forget Geico repair service! Bring it back to your Ford dealer that way you are almost guaranteed 100% OEM parts!

Geico will try to force you into their shop to save money, but I believe that you are not required to go there.

My last vehicle was backed into at a gas station when it was new, and I demanded OEM parts through my Auto Body Shop, and they could not argue because it was only two months old.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Forget Geico repair service! Bring it back to your Ford dealer that way you are almost guaranteed 100% OEM parts!

Geico will try to force you into their shop to save money, but I believe that you are not required to go there.

My last vehicle was backed into at a gas station when it was new, and I demanded OEM parts through my Auto Body Shop, and they could not argue because it was only two months old.
I would DEFINATELY get it repaired by Ford

·
Registered
362 Posts
That sucks, but as mentioned, if its only what's seen, it appears like a fender and maybe fender inner liner, bumper cover (Hard to tell if its even damaged) and some paint. If you're capable with tools, you may be able to do the removal and install yourself and pocket the savings...

1 - 20 of 26 Posts