Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is not on a focus to start just a general question about turboing a vehicle.

Because of the orientation of a turbo I picked up, I would have to run the Oil feed and drain softlines up between the exhaust manifold runners. It is an oil cooled diesel turbo.

If I heat wrapped the manifold, and ran a water-cooled shield on the turbo, you think it would work? I just want to make sure Im not going to bust a line, or boil the oil.

I have an oil cooler setup as well.

[idea]Turbo gods bless with me with your knowledge[idea]

·
FF Affiliate
31,094 Posts
You do know that with the high compression of a diesel that even if this is off a 1.6 diesel that it more then likely wont full spool before 6000 ?

I would need to see pictures of why you feel the lines have to go between the manifold

Tom

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Because the oil drain is above the oil feed currently. So it will not drain.
Therefore if I clock the oil housing 180* then feed will be above the drain. Except then the holes for both feed and drain are facing my engine block. That means the softlines need to come between the exhaust manifold runners

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Oil cooler if your a race car driver. Other than that if you just have fun and daily it oil cooler is pointless.

·
le kittens meow
1,747 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
http://i61.tinypic.com/2sac5s3.png
Just rotate turbo oil filter housing 180 so the lines run between the the exhaust manifold runners, want to make sure the lines wont melt, oil wont burn in lines etc etc

1 - 7 of 7 Posts