Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 74 Posts

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
bob11187 said:
well the powerworks makes about 210hp and 200tq
Ummm, where'd you get such a low horsepower number for the Powerworks?

·
Registered
975 Posts
the reason i went with the 14.3 prediction was cuz i doubt u'd be able to put it down at the track with those conti's those things sucked even with the stock hp #'s.. on top of that if u do get into the 13's i'll be happy for u.. im very interested to see what this powerworks kit would put down but i'd rather go with a low time and suprise myself ya know.

·
Registered
582 Posts
with crap tires i don't think you'll get lower than 14 or 14.5 to tell you the truth. the procharger does make more peak power than the jrsc, but people underestimate the jrsc and overestimate the procharger constantly. the powerband created are tow totally separate entities that are going to yield different results regardless of peak numbers. take out your back seat, spare, jack and whatever other junk you got laying around in there that you don't need for 14 seconds or so. don't get me wrong, i would love either, but ive seen more than one dyno tuned bbk jrsc'd svt break into 13's and i've yet to see a vortech do it. i hope you can be the fist to show us what that beotch can do when you nab some good tires, etc because i'm really curious! good luck and save some of that clutch for later!

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
ALRIGHT i will be going here in a couple of hours.............any last tips or advice................any help would be appreciated

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Being peg legged, you are going to have to feather it off the line. But I concur, a high 13 isn't out of the question.

·
ELVIS LIVES !
2,553 Posts
Yes indeed just have fun and dont run it in the wall if you dont break in the 13's.......... But you will see a high 13....... ! So enjoy

·
Something goes here
8,280 Posts
so what you run?

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Im pretty dissappointed to say the least. I ran 7 times and I have NEVER ran this car at the track and lets just say keeping it from spinning its ass off off the line or hell even launching it is a pita. But my first run I spun all the way through 3rd and chirp 4th and I ran a 17.XX. But after that the runs were consistantly faster every time and the fastest I ran for the day was a 14.6 and that was still some mega spinning and the launch was descent but not like i like. My r/t times were good with my best being .117 but my 60 foot times KILLED me with them hovering around 2.6-2.8 with nothing but tire smoke or bogging. Im still learning how to launch this thing and after talking to Wayne for a while on Sat we both think after some more learning on my part and some tweaking to the tune i should run 13's easily. Then with the 10lb pulley and and lsd, clutch, flywheel, BETTER FRICKING TIRES......I should be running VERY well. I am going again this coming weekend and I will keep everyone posted on this or a similar thread. damn those contis blow lol

·
Registered
679 Posts
lol ya contis really do suck especially once they wear down a bit. On my svt just with a couple bolt ons and a tune I spin horribly in first and the 1/2 shift spins a decent amount as well. The LSD and new tires should do wonders for traction.

·
/fail
3,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
yeah i mean i would spin in the water box and i lowered the air psi on the tires and a i thought that they would grap descently but they just spun and spun.............i wonder what a good set of tires would be for track/daily driver usage?

41 - 60 of 74 Posts