Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my mind made up to buy an se with sport package, 203a package, 17" painted rims, oxford white. Tuscany red leather upgrade. Realized this was right at the same price as a titanium so went to the dealer today to order a Ti. Guess what? You can't get tuscany red with a white exterior even though you can build it on the for website.

Ok, fine. Give me the arctic white interior instead. Nope, now you must add the 401a luxury package before you can add the white leather upgrade. Adding 1300 more than I wanted to spend.

While thinking about it, I wanted the lot and checked out other colors. The dark grey was nice and metallic, but shows dirt easily. Metallic red is ok, but the tuscany red would look weird with it and white is not an option. I liked the candy blue, oddly enough. But, alas, neither leather package is available with the candy. Decided I didn't like the metallic white. It looks dingy compared to the oxford white on the overcast day I looked at it. Cool, that saves me some cash. BUT WAIT FOR IT - you can't get either leather package with oxford white. If you want a white car with leather it must be pearl metallic.

Am I the only one that thinks the white red or white white combo would be cool? Even the candy with either would be nice. I could really use opinions - especially if you've seen these leather interiors up close.

Also, has anyone seen the painted alloy wheels? Does the paint match the car color? How well does the manual lumbar adjustment work? Has anyone seen the graphics package and does it look decent?

Finally, my dealer's quote lists a 312 dollar adv assessment fee. What the heck is that?

Thanks guys. Been lurking for a couple weeks and thought I knew it all. Now I'm back to square one.

Greg

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Yeah, that all sucks. I was also not happy with the 'rules' about what can be aquired with what items.
I first wanted the "glass' color (a light green) but no sport package allowed with it. And if no spot paackage, no fancy alloy wheels!!
Idots.
So I got the Yellow.
Then the manual tranny was only in base S or SE, not in any higher models..
So no five way powerseat. no leather..
Also bummer.
My perfect Focus car would have been:
(Green) Glass color, 17" polished wheels, sport suspension, six speed MANUAL tranny,
Leather seating (like in the show ST design) in a medium/dark rich tan color, Ti level car. moonroof, the top Ti audio/synch/MyFordTouch packages..
The absolute there was MANUAL tranny...

I hope you find a reasonable solution to your dilemma.
I now am happy with my paint. The Yellow Blaze color. My second choice.
Love the manual tranny, and accept the rest.
Still wondering if somehow i could buy the Ricaro front ST seats?
PS the 'painted 16" or 17" alloy wheels are painted BLACK

Added: as far as dealer add on prices, they can add on all sorts of stuff and claim it has to be paid. NOT!!
The delivery fee is usually the one fee that has to be paid. other than that all the fees are negotiable. A dealer prep of a hundred bucks or so is reasonable, When it hits $300 it is not very. (like 'winterizing' for $500?? bogus! This fee is one that turned me totally OFF to Mazda in my area. They insisted ALL the cars they sold HAD to have the service.)
Also special fees they like to add on are just stuff they try to add so folks get tired of arguing?
My Big City Metro area Ford dealers all had a dealer prep of $600. which included some other wierd stuff.('prolly same advert fees)
When i bought the car at a small town dealer, thier prep fee was $125.
And a no dicker discount of about $850. I suppose i could have asked for more, but since i drive 60 miles to see the exact car i wanted, and they knew it, i felt I got a decent price. And i wanted to reward them for actually ORDERING a car i would want to own. (Seemed in the 1.5 million metro area I live in, no one thought anyone would want a Yellow manual transmission car?.. so I had to drive 60 mile to some farm town to find it)

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's an indication to me, that Ford has no real interest in rewarding or satisfying their "Fanatics", more's the pity!

·
Registered
171 Posts
I say buy what you want in the color you want, add the rims and have the seats custom covered in what ever color you want. I bought the SE in Sonic Blue, I plan to upgrade the rims and have the seat inserts replaced with a light grey boat vinyl Leatherlike material. I also plan to have focus stitched on the upper section of the seats when that's done.. but all this will be done over the next few years. It's not a priority to have the seats and rims I want right now, it's getting the car paid off/ down more.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Gone are the days of old where you could get your interior matched to your exterior no matter what color you bought, had 6+ engine choices, and the car was $3000 new. Lol. Well before my time but I still wish the first 2 options were still true, although the 3rd is just a pipe dream.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I was partially in the same boat with you, trying to decide on the color of the car. Initially I wanted Candy Red but saw the Metallic White and liked that. After all the searching, I pulled the trigger on the red one and haven't looked back. Looks great with the 18s and I know it looks good with the painted 17s, as seen here. Hope this was able to help you out a little bit.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If you want white to beat the heat, Silver is the next best color.
Mine looks awesome with the Tuscany leather.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Here in Africa we buy off the floor.
They have very specific frozen models Ambient,Trend,Sport.
Choose One, Find a color you like and that's the only choice you got.
I forgot there is a Trend Options Pack that you can Order.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Finally, my dealer's quote lists a 312 dollar adv assessment fee. What the heck is that?

Thanks guys. Been lurking for a couple weeks and thought I knew it all. Now I'm back to square one.

Greg
It pays for advertising...just like it says. It is a Ford charge, not your dealer btw.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I remember back in the day my dad brought home a brochure picked whatever he wanted for his truck and had it custom made/painted from Ford. Don't appreciate the fact that this isn't a feature anymore, simply based on the fact the company saves a couple thousand dollars.

·
Registered
800 Posts
My dealer had a met. White hatch w/artic white interior. Must have been an SEL. Might have bought it but the next time I was there it had been sold. I thought it looked sharp.

·
Registered
73 Posts

Greg
I would never accept under any circumstances additional charges such as "advertising". I guess it is possible that the dealer is assessed some fixed costs such as this but this should be part of their cost of doing business.

There should be enough profit in their selling price to cover these kinds of expenses including the ridiculous "document charge".

As to limits on option combos, I am frankly surprised that there are so many versions possible as is. As the number of option varieties are increased, logistic issues can become a nightmare. Probably why you read about cases of "material delays". Also, having a more simplified menu of options makes for better quality control.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts