Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
I am about to buy a 2000 ford focus SE 2.0L, and I intend to put up about 2500 in upgrades as soon as I take delivery. Im planning on doing headers, high flow cat, and cat back exhaust, CAI either AEM or K & N, throttle body spacer and maybe a new ECU. Cosmetically I plan on adding a body kit and new headlights and taillights with the back 3 window tints (the front 3 are illegal in IL). I read that the max stock hp output of the 2 liter zetec was about 130, and I'm wondering what it will be at realistically after these mods. The cat is made by random technology, the headers are pace setter, and the exhaust is flowmaster. I forget who makes the throttle body spacer, but this is exactly why im posting here. Does anybody have recommendations for parts manufacturers so that I can maximize my hp increase vs dollars spent? Am I overlooking anything that needs upgrading more than what I have mentioned? I figure that on the low end I would get about 50 hp from the mods I have mentioned, and on the high end about 75-80, totaling about 1500-about 2000 in performance mods. Can anybody either help me or point me into the direction I need to be moving? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jake
[cheers]

·
Registered
889 Posts
[welcome] to focus fanatics
no leave the ecu alone and get it tuned after you done everything, to what you have mentioned even with the tune i dont think you would get 75-80 more, maybe 50 at most probably not even, cai = 5-7, headers - hi-flo-catback = 13-16, i dont know much about throttle, i ported mine, maybe another 0.5, but if get 65 then 2-3 maybe... doesnt really do much if yournot turboed i think..+ tune you'll get another several hp, so do the math = 35-40 i think.. but i might be wrong, just what i think :)

·
Registered
889 Posts
triple.. something is laggin hard today [:D] either my connection or ff
EDIT:
plus if your not planning to get a turbo or anything else but what you have mentioned then headers and high flow cat wouldbt be wotht the money imo, coz youll get at most 10-13hp from that and pay over $500-600

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I hadnt planned on doing a turbo immediately, but I would like to in the future. If i were to take those 500-600 dollars from the exhaust, what performance mods could I get that would increase my hp more than the exhaust?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
because i can get it for $2000, it has 71000 miles (120,000 fewer than my Jeep), and it gets twice the mileage my jeep gets. I just want to make it into a car with some get up and go, and make it look snazzy while im doing it.

·
Registered
788 Posts
If you've got that much to blow on performance, i'd say just keep checking the for sale section in this forum, you can find alot of this stuff a WHOLE lot cheaper, i've got almost everything i need to go boosted for roughly 700$ 250 for turbo and mani shipped, 187 shipped for intercooler w/ pipping w/ MAF w/42lb injectors, and i've got an SVT head to help with the flow for 250, which was complete w/ valvetrain, just need a BOV and wastegate and few other tid bits, but the bulk of it i got for that much. So don't blow all your $$ right away, just keep an eye out for the good deals[thumb].

Oh ,and welcome to FF [wave]

·
Registered
917 Posts
I hate to burst your bubble, but a cold air intake and complete exhaust is more like 10-20 wheel HP. You will feel the difference, I'm sure though. Maybe better MPG also.

You would need a supercharger or turbocharger to add 50-75 HP.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Then a turbo charger it is.... Does anyone have recommendations on SPECIFIC parts? As in the best exhaust to get, the best header, the best intake, whether it be a CAI or air ram, yadda yadda yadda?

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Well, if your going to go turbo then get a 2.5" or possible 3.0" exhaust, depends on the power your going to be putting down. Most people will recommend borla,magnaflow,whatever, your just going to have to pick what you think is best. Headers and intake, you shouldn't waste your money because your going to have custome ones for your turbo setup.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts