Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple questions about the turbo from FS. I have the money now for Turbo, but I will be waiting till after my Freshmen year in college till I get it which is next summer.

1. Can the stock automatic tranny handel up to 225hp and the 200 torque? I heard because of the tune, your tranny can handel it. But that prolly just limits the power, which defeats the purpose of the turbo.
2. What does a boost controller do? (control how much psi)?
3. How does a intercooler in the Stage 2 work? Does it inject water into your intake?
4. How much would it cost to tune and install?
5. Could anybody tell me the name of the guy thats from Focus Sport that post on our forums.

Thanks Guys! Appreciate any help. Going back to researching :)

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts
1. Call FS and ask if they done any testing on the automagic.
2. Yes, it allows you to alter the maximum boost pressure. Link
3. No. An air-to-air intercooler is similiar to a radiator. The compressed hot air from the turbo (charged air) runs through the fins of the intercooler, and the ambient air flowing over the fins remove the heat from the charged air, thus making it cooler. Link
4. Call FS
5. Randy is the head honco, but I haven't seen him posting here. He posts as FocusSportVP on Focaljet.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reading in the SPI and Zetec stuff, I think they say a built auto is better for turbo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts