Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm preparing to do my PowerWorks SC install. I was wondering has anyone just used water and WaterWetter in their water to air intercooler? Would this make for better heat transfer. I live in S. Florida and have no issues with Freezing temperatures. Water Wetter is suppose to be a lube for the waterpump, so this wouldn't be an issue.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
The water wetter should help a bit as it just breaks the surface tension of the water and it makes more contact with parts, so yeah, that's a good idea as far as I can tell you ( unless Code disagrees with me. )

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
its a great idea, they actually recommend it in the manual.

I am running Royal Purple, purple ice, basically the same thing in both the radiator and intercooler

·
Registered
24 Posts
Goat Roper said:
I am looking at a way of integrating a Cobra resevoir into my PowerWorks kit, will probably play with this over this upcoming winter: http://www.pfabrication.com/cobrareservoir.html

What is the benefit? You can already add ice to the stock PW unit and it's made of plastic so it doesn't transfer heat as much as the Aluminum piece will. More volume will take longer to heat up but it will also take longer to cool down. Like I said, not sure of the benefit for the cost...

Jersey

·
The Godfather
4,405 Posts
Let me get a pic of the stock unit PW supplies. Nothing wrong with it, just simply more capacity with this unit, easier to ice down, easier draining. They are not overly expensive either.

And aluminum is cooler looking than plastic, so there [:)]

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've been doing some research on Redline Water Wetter. Alot of people don't like it. They claim it causes a build of sludge on the lines and pump. Some also claim is doesn't have enough corrosion inhibitors when used only with water.

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
And aluminum is cooler looking than plastic, so there

^^^ He's got you there, it is a trick looking piece... Also, water wetter and purple ice are both basically soap without the bubbles. The break the surface tension of water and help it make better contact with metal parts. We used it in roadrace bikes for over 12 years and had no problems, even with the small passages in bikes, but we did change it twice a year ( motor teardowns ).

·
Registered
842 Posts
What is water wetter and where can i get it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts