Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I ordered some JDM Side Mirrors from Ebay with the led er lcd er watever it is. Anyways I wanted to see if anyone else had or has these side mirrors n if they could give me any input on how to hook em up or any help on how to decide whether to do blue, white, or amber turn signals/racing signals.

Here is the picture of the mirrors that I got. I just barely recieved them today. . .

http://i456.photobucket.com/albums/qq282/ProJect03SE/SideMirrors.jpg

·
Registered
733 Posts
I got the same ones, just a heads up don't do the blue you'll get pulled over, you'll be safe with either the white or amber, and as far as wiring them up its not that hard I believe there are three wires white and blue are the positive and black is ground just pick one of the bolts on the fender and put your black wire under to ground and when you decide which color you want to light up thats the one you tap into the side marker obviously the white wire is going to light up white and the blue wire is going to light up blue. Good Luck [thumb]

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
just a comment, I have head that these reduce your visibility by a decent amount. Just lettin you know...

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How to I tap into whatever I need to after I have chose a color that I want?

·
Registered
774 Posts
If you really want to have the side mirrors, with out seeing anything in person, you could use one or both of your side marker lights, (like in your bumper) and splice a wire in there for power. Then I am asuming you will need another wire to ground, obviously you could just ground to the door behind the plastic cover that you will need to remove to get the stock mirrors off.

If it was me, I would not be using the ebay stuff. I would be getting a set of SVT or real EDM manual folding mirrors, they will fit better and I think flow nicer with the car, just my .02 cents.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
These were the ones I got & wired up. Not much light came from the leds & rear visibility was a pain.

I modded my stock ones with leds from Oznium, looks good and works fine with the blinkers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts