Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's been an unusual pre-season this year with almost no updated tires being released. We are seeing many more tires and sizes than usual being discontinued or simply not being produced this season. If we have another severe winter like last year this could lead to some early shortages in some sizes.

--A word of advice : Don't wait too long. Ordering early when most products are still available lets you choose what you want to buy rather than being forced to settle for what is left over. Best to be ready with products in hand before it snows so that you can put them on when you are ready rather than waiting for a shipment to arrive after the first snow.

Winter options for your car

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
great idea! luckily for me im running some DWS's should be good for another couple years lol

·
Registered
35 Posts
What is the offset on the steel wheels in the preferred package for a 2011?

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, Miles. I understand also, that tire prices in general are up by more than just inflation.
That is unfortunately correct. Over the past two years the manufacturing costs have increased for tires quite dramatically due the the cost of materials. Most of it comes from steel and rubber (which is petroleum based).

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
great idea! luckily for me im running some DWS's should be good for another couple years lol

Posted via FF Mobile Drunk did you use them last winter? Howd they do? I was running BfGoodrich Super Sport A/S tires for the last three years, pretty damn good tire. Even with 1/3 tread left they handled admirably in the harsh NY winter we had. I was impressed. But I wasnt impressed with the sidewall wear on the tires, lots of cracking. I also wanted to try something else and it was between the Conti DWS or Michelin All seasons. Both looked great, the dws looked to be the best all arounder and had more reviews. Probably wouldnt of had any issues with the Michelins though. But just threw on the contis monday, so far so good. Looking forward to the winter to see how they do. But to be honest I hope its nothing like last winter.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
don't wait like I did last year... especially if its worse this year. I got what I wanted but had to pay to have them put on vs doing it myself

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
I got tires from the tire rack once, ok well someone did back in 05, and put them brand new still wrapped up in the trash last fall and they happened to be my size! still had the tire rack packing slip on them lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts