Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this week over yet? Its been a rough week for me and my car. You may remember that i was having some problems a couple of days ago and everyone was really helpful so now i'm back for more.

I went to autozone and they told me my coil was bad. I order the screamin demon. I went to put it on tonight, reached down to pull the coil wire plug out from the old coil and.....one of the wires is completely severed from the plug.

Anyone ever had this problem? What should i do? There is like no wire sticking out from the plug so i don't think it can be spliced. What a pain in the ass. I'm just going to start walking everywhere. [:(!]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
If I'm reading it right, just cut the wire back and make a new end. Jobs on cars Never go smoothly, my stereo intall on my stang just took five hours, crap is the old one hard to get out on a 84!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Man viney I agree I used to have an 87 man that was a bitch to get the stereo out of the stang. Jess, Viney is right . Jobs never go as smoothly as directed you just have to use your head and find a way to make it work.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
yeah def get a new wiring harness. extend some wire if u need a quick fix. but from your coil you need a good constant stream of power and something like a wire splice and too many breaks in the path can interfere with that.

sucks jes sorry to hear :(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys. We ended up just cutting all the wires from the plug and putting new ends on them. How much is a new wiring harness? Will they have them in stock?

·
Registered
717 Posts
A new harness shouldn't be to much, maybe $20 or so. Hard to say though... They won't likely have them in stock, but should be able to get one in a day or two.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts