·
Registered
1,725 Posts
How did you attach it, 2 sided tape?

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were holes already in my bumper for my VA plate. I used the holes as a template making markings for the Deutschland plates underneath, so the holes are the same length apart as the VA plates utilizing the same holes.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Can you post a close up pic? I have my plate in my room and I am trying to decide how to mount it. Your looks good. What city is D, Duesseldorf?

·
DTF
3,981 Posts
other than the fact that it doesnt look level it looks good.

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
alright dumb question here, you live in VA, is it leagal to have those plates or is it a special thing throught the dmv for foregin cars???

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
What's with this infatuation lately with Euro plates? More and more I am seeing cars on the road with Euro plates... pardon me for saying so, but why put German plates on an American car? I mean I can see if you had a VW for example, but why German plates on an SVTF? Are you from Germany originally?

·
Registered
580 Posts
Its a stretch but the SVT has the Euro package on it? Maybe hes from Germany? Doesn't VA require a state plate on the front of your car?

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
VA does require a front plate. He will prolly get away with it for a while.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
the thing is, I think, that something foreign will always look cool and make people ask questions about it. If the law alowed it, I'd put German plates too.

Plus, when people see German plates, they automatically think the guy is from Germany (which is cool to some), guy drives a German made car which is also cool because Germany is known to be on eof the best car makers out there. So I can see why people are putting German plates on their cars.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
What is the difference between a VW and a Focus. They were both developed in Germany.

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
gump1114 said:
other than the fact that it doesnt look level it looks good.
Yup I noticed that also......

It's ok, I've never been a fan of the euro plates myself. I much more prefer a smooth front end on the focus with no clutter.

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It's from Nordrhein-Westfalen.

It is not level because the holes in my bumper were not level to begin with. It was a rush job, done before the car was in my possession.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
pspringe said:
What is the difference between a VW and a Focus. They were both developed in Germany.
It's a stretch to put a German plate on a Mexican-made Focus sold here in the U.S. and intended for the U.S. market and say "but it was developed in Germany" - don't you think? At least VW is a German company, even if many of our VWs here are also built in Mexico.

I dunno, whatever, it's not my car and he likes it which is all that matters.

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I have german plates on my focus and its american spec, well besides the euro front bumper. But I have to have the german plates or else the german police will fine me[:D] If dude wants to have a german plate on his car more power to him, its his car.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I myself have a euro plate on my car, I have the euro package SVT and I was keeping it going with the theme of the car. Maybe what why he did it. Also having a car from another contry, an exotic car, is awsome. If you cant afford to import one, why not make yours look like one. Only my opinon.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
azdamay said:
It's a stretch to put a German plate on a Mexican-made Focus sold here in the U.S. and intended for the U.S. market and say "but it was developed in Germany" - don't you think? At least VW is a German company, even if many of our VWs here are also built in Mexico.

I dunno, whatever, it's not my car and he likes it which is all that matters.
The Focus was developed in Germany by a German company, Ford-Werke GmbH. I have worked at Merckenich and they would take great offense, if you told them they were an American company. So, once agian, I would like to know the big difference between say a Jetta and a Focus. Both developed in Germany by German companies, with minor modifications for the NA market. And they are both built in Mexico.

·
Titular Wit Here
5,205 Posts
Give me a break. Ford is an American company. It may have global arms but the company is American. This is a U.S. market Focus and frankly I don't give a flying [:)][:)][:)][:)] if it was "developed" in Europe, we're not in Europe, we are in America, and once again, I think putting a German plate on your American car is gayness. But it's not my car, and I would gladly drop this discussion if you would stop trying to have the last word.

·
Jetsetter
6,650 Posts
^^^ yeah and ive seen some VW BMW and what not with the little ribbon that says "proud to be an AMERICAN" something just doesent look right about that

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.