Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my Sport SE didnt come with the puddle lamps and now I kinda want to replace my side mirrors with the one with both signal and puddle lamps.

The thing is, i noticed that when the rear passengers open the doors, the puddle lamps go on too. How visible would the ground be for the passengers at the back with the puddle lamps?

So now I'm actually thinking to put some LED strips at the bottom of the car that go from the front doors till the back doors (kind of like the neon lights on Fast and Furious) but they only come on with the actually puddle lamps to make the ground visible for both front and back. Would it be possible? What do you think of the idea?

Gero

·
Registered
136 Posts
I have the puddle lamps and find them to be a cute curiosity but of no real use.
Sort of like the S mode on the automatic. I have the SE sport and the S mode is pointless, useless and an all around waste of time. I just leave the car in D.

·
Registered
100 Posts
I'm going to be in the same boat at the end of theweek I fear. Im takong delivery of my SE withh winter package which my dealers order guide clearly states includes signal mirrors and puddle lights. I'm going in tomorrow too get a photocopy of it to send to Ford and I will hound them until they do something about it. Buut if that fails, my plan is to get 2 of the 4$ surface mount leds and stick them to the underside of my mirror. Hopefully the wiring for the puddle lights is there and doesnt require dealer activation. Otherwise I'll have to find one of the interior light wires that come on with the unlock.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Sort of like the S mode on the automatic. I have the SE sport and the S mode is pointless, useless and an all around waste of time. I just leave the car in D.
sorry to threadjack but I've noticed the more I drive in S the more responsive it is. It will downshift when going from D to S initially and more readily downshifts when putting your foot down. It still ends up shifting to get the best MPG but I still find it to be more responsive to throttle input

1 - 6 of 6 Posts