Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sad to say that I lost my beloved 08 SES last Thursday. She gave her life protecting mine, however.
A casual 40mph cruise home from classes came to an abrupt stop (in about 15 feet...) when a Chevy Suburban decided to try to make it across the intersection. She didn't.
This was my second, and unfortunately last, focus. But let's give some deserved praise to the engineers at Ford who designed her! I stumbled away with only a sprained wrist, bad rib contusion, cuts and bruises. I loved her when she ran and I'll always have a lot of fond memories in her.

Always a FocusFanatic,
Matt

·
I Like Red
3,245 Posts
Damn, reminds me of when a 90yr old lady hit me head on in my 03 zx3 doing about 35... My shoulder still is'nt the same.... Messed me up pretty good. Hope that person has full coverage!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Glad you are ok Matt. Why will it be your last Focus? Did the airbag go off? Again, I am happy you are fine.

2008 Ford Focus
The airbag is what saved me! I'm a little tall for it though(6'3"), so instead of a breaking my nose it hit me directly in the sternum.

As for it being my last: the other driver's insurance company is fighting us on cost. They're trying to go with KBB valuation to reimburse me. Unfortunately that's only about $7500 and the closest spec Focus I can find here in So-Cal so far is an '08 S. Which is a hefty downgrade because my SES was loaded.
So I've been looking at some other options. At the moment I'm looking at either an 06 or an 09 Golf GTI with 93k miles and 121k miles respectively. The latter being immaculate and one-owner.

·
Registered
4,585 Posts
yeah i see that.....I dont think that suburbbbbban is totaled, but then again I don't think she's got full coverage but that's like a 2005 or something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts