Focus Fanatics Forum banner

A sad day for me and the PW Focus = (

5K views 52 replies 44 participants last post by  blkfocuszx3 
#1 ·
First, let me say, I know it's just a car, and I'm very thankful to be alive and ok, but it doesn't take away from the fact that I'm sad and disappointed on my loss. A lot of blood, sweat, and money went into this car, and it's sad to see it go out this way.

The story:

I was on my way to pick up Chinese food @ 5 & Merriman. I had just left my house, was about 2 blocks away, sitting north bound on Middlebelt, waiting for the light to turn to make a left onto Plymouth. As I am sitting there, minding my own business, I get lit the [:)][:)][:)][:)] up from behind by this bitch in a 2002ish Ford Escape. She hit me at about 60mph, bounced off of me, and I watched her drive head on into stopped south bound Middlebelt traffic, and she took out another 5 or 6 cars. As you can see from the below pictures...the car is [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]. I'm waiting to hear from my insurance agent today. Hoping that my receipts will yield me some extra loot, and then I'm going to buy it back part it out.

Don't think she was drunk, not real sure wtf happened. I asked the cop, and he made mention of someone saying something about a history of seizures, but, don't really know for sure.

It's a sad day, but, again, I'm ok, and I know...it's just a car.

The good side:

The carnage:

See less See more
#28 ·
My thoughts exactly, glad you're ok dood. Sux about the ride, but DAYM that is some serious damage. Any injuries in the other vehicles?

#4 ·
woah...glad your ok dude. There is a lot of carnage in those pics.

#10 ·
She hit me from behind, so she basically ran her car down the length of mine @ 60mph. I was parked at a light waiting to turn left and she came out of no where...no brakes...nothing.

Mod wise...haha, that is a long list. Quick one - Built block, PWSC, One-off Corsa exhaust, Baer Big Brake kit, 99 Viking WRC Rep. Wing, and a shit ton of other stuff...there wasn't much stock besides the seats and stuff...

#11 ·
Holy CRAP!!!
What time was this??
I was at that intersection at probably 5 pm yesterday ( not sure exact time was running around a lot).

Glad to see your okay and I hope she didnt destroy too much of the aftermarket things you have on it. hows the engine compartment looking?

Good luck.

#12 ·
I was looking at the first pic and was thinking "ahhh not too bad just a front bumper." Then I scroll down and I was almost in tears looking at the rest of the damage.

On the other hand, Its good that you're okay and I'm sorry for your loss [:(]

#13 ·
I'm glad you're OK. Sorry about the car. benkap is right...these are not "just" cars. We become emotionally connected to our cars. People with a history of seizures should not be driving. Find one with a bad motor and start transplanting.

#14 ·
Not to mention this was a one of a kind SEMA show car, that probably still had under 20,000 miles on it? Saw this on XS first, sorry for your loss man.

#16 ·
LoL...I think I just rolled 23 or 24k on the car...built the block @ 6k. Lots of parts will be available more likely than not. I keep remembering all these other things that are done like the Torsen Diff, centerforce clutch, short throw, blah!!!!!!

#15 ·
Glad your OK....................bummer about your car. On the bright side now you can build an even better one.

#20 ·
From the way you described it, it could have been MUCH worse. Thank god she "just" sideswiped you, and didn't hit you square in the rear. Glad you are ok. If the other driver has a history of seizures, why is she driving?? Good luck with that really cool looking Focus.

#22 ·
Having a history of seizures doesn't necessarily mean you can't get your driver's license. It could have been something like childhood epilepsy that hasn't reoccurred in decades, and some pretty bad luck.

In any case, I'm glad you're alright, and in the big scheme of things in life, it really is just a car. I'm sure you'll build another great one. [:)]

#23 ·
^^ I had the same kind of reaction. I saw the first pic, was like, "Wait...she hit you from behind?" Then I looked at the next few and said, "HOLY F$%^!"

It's never just a car, though. If you've had it for a while, it's also a lot of memories, and means a lot more than just getting from A to B. But like everyone else said, just glad you're okay.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.