Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a short ram intake. It has a hole in the elbow that attaches it to the TB and a short pipe welded on the intake tube. I know that I'm suppose to hook up a hose from my engine to one of these, but which one, and what's the other one for?

Right now, I've plugged the hole in the elbow and I'm using the protruding pipe that's coming out of the intake tube and attaching it to the engine (a vacume line?). Do I have this hooked up correctly? It is an ebay cheapy, so it didn't come with instructions.

·
Registered
10,024 Posts
well sounds like someone has predrilled it for a nitrous nozzle on the elbow, cant think of anything else that could be for, and there should be one of the holes behind the filter facing the engine, this is where you should hook the breather that comes off of the valve cover, link the two w/ a hose

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool...thanks man!! I thought I had it hooked up right, but I hadn't seen anything exactly like it so wanted to make sure. My brother asked about that hole on the elbow, and I said nitrous too. It's not drilled. It's molded in the rubber...kinda wierd to me that they'd do that as a standard piece since most people adding nitrous expect to drill their intake, but oh well. thnx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts