Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im thinking about buying svt car drove fine. perfect. but the engine light was on. dealer said they replaced the belt, and belt pully. then mechanic told me he let enigne run with out the belt on to see how engine would run? is that possible? then dealer told me the engine code was oxygen sensor. and they cleared it and replaced the sensor. car has new timing belt and pully 2 differnt parts to the pully. how can you tell if valves are bent? will compression test show that the engine is good? and if i drive the car long enough will the engine light come back on. if they didnt install it right? they said they replaced the belt with a slighlty more play. due to the fact they belt that was on there they said was way to tight with no play? what is the correct part number or correct size belt? all help would greatly be appreciated. is a slightly looser belt better than a tighter belt? the car has 69,000 miles on it. i think the dealership is bsing me. not sure.. anyone in the maryland area that might help look at the car before i buy? would greatly be appreciated it. and i will compensate you for you expertise and help on this car.

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
If the valves were bent, It wouldn't be driveable.

Yes, you could run a car without the belt for a few minutes. No water pump or charging system, but it would run off the battery just fine.

·
Registered
931 Posts
Go with your Gut.....[idea]
If you think they are BeSing U , Why would you buy from them??[nutkick]
Walk away..[ohcrap]

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was the serp belt they replaced...and i did buy the car look foward to meeting some of yall and the next meet and greet

·
Registered
931 Posts
Well, I do hope it works out for ya. Welcome to the sit. Lots off great info on here..

·
Registered
282 Posts
I demand pictures!

And yeah, this site is incredible. I didn't post a lot here, but I read a ton. There are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable people on here. You'll learn a ton.

I lost my SVT a couple weeks ago, but I still come back and browse the site pretty regularly.

·
Registered
645 Posts
it was the serp belt they replaced...and i did buy the car look foward to meeting some of yall and the next meet and greet
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier... I've got a pretty bone stock SVTF and am mins from Laurel... If you haven't checked out the Burtonsville Shopping center (old side w/BurgerKing & KFC/TacoBell) on Sunday mornings, you need to!! Lots of cars, new and old, come out there and hangout. Intersection of Rte 29 & 198. Be warned though, they leave early, usually cleared out by 1130am... I try to make it when I can get up early.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I demand pictures!

And yeah, this site is incredible. I didn't post a lot here, but I read a ton. There are a lot of helpful, knowledgeable people on here. You'll learn a ton.

I lost my SVT a couple weeks ago, but I still come back and browse the site pretty regularly.
you lost your svt what happen? how... and i will post pics soon...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sorry, I didn't see this earlier... I've got a pretty bone stock SVTF and am mins from Laurel... If you haven't checked out the Burtonsville Shopping center (old side w/BurgerKing & KFC/TacoBell) on Sunday mornings, you need to!! Lots of cars, new and old, come out there and hangout. Intersection of Rte 29 & 198. Be warned though, they leave early, usually cleared out by 1130am... I try to make it when I can get up early.
cool not to far from me at all... 15 min tops... you go most sundays or like once a month if you go up there..pm me or something i get email updates to the board.

·
Premium Member
5,279 Posts
cool not to far from me at all... 15 min tops... you go most sundays or like once a month if you go up there..pm me or something i get email updates to the board.
Another Laurel Focus owner. Sweet. I'm moving to Glen Burnie next month though. lol

If you're looking for a local regular meet, check our local car club out.
http://www.madomestics.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=1314

^^We meet up at Anne's Dari-Creme in Glen Burnie every Saturday at 6pm. Where are you located in Laurel? I'm right off Fort Meade Rd.

·
your killing my fun
3,090 Posts
congrats on the svt im driving an of zx5 svt and love it i miss the 2 door i had but bad experience with some black ice and a curb= new svt for me that i have to start all over again with.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts