Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent three days camping at the drag strip with my family. I made several runs each day. The first two days I made test and tune passes, and the last day I entered the Trophy class (broke out on both passes). Although I had made a 15.32 pass the weekend before, I couldn't get past 15.5 this weekend. At least I've gotten alot more consistant. We have crappy 90 octane gas, and I think that I may have ended up with a tank of sub-standard fuel this weekend. My kids (5, 11, 15, and 16) seem to thrive in this environment. I even talked my wife into taking her big Bronco out for a couple of test and tune passes. She ran 18's, but I know she and the Broco have the ability to get into the 17's. On the other end of the scale a couple of Alchohol Modifieds ran low 6's. I couldn't have had a better weekend.

Attachments

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Great looking ride. BTW, what branch of service are you & what installation are you at? I lived in Delta Junction for 5 years.

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
its nice to see that you are exposing your kids to racing the proper way, most of them see it through movies like the fast and the furious, i like the color of your car by the way

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm a Battalion Supply Sergeant in a Blackhawk Battalion in the Alaska Army National Guard.

As far as going to the strip, at the very least start as a spectator and get a pit pass. If you like cars, you'll love the pits. You can walk around the cars, talk to the drivers and see how things work. But try racing. It's much less about speed (in my car at least) and more about precision. I'm hooked.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts