278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So heres some pics of what just came in the mail [hihi]

And a random pic of our other ongoing project

Workin on cleanin up the parts now, i'll post up more as it goes

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Do you really wear gloves when you work on your car?

BTW: I am jeleous of your disk brakes.

·
Registered
7,530 Posts
^^Dude some of the chemicals and materials on cars are nasty. Ever read MSDS charts? lol yuck

Those are SVT rears right?

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm wearin gloves cuz i was using brake cleaner and a degreaser, so i didn't really wanna get that stuff on my hands. and because that caliper paint somehow got wet while being shipped and so its moist and dying anything it touches

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^^Dude some of the chemicals and materials on cars are nasty. Ever read MSDS charts? lol yuck

Those are SVT rears right?
Yea, thats SVT fronts and rears [grinking]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hah I'd rather not read the MSDS chart...... I'm a germaphob, yet I have no problem getting my hands completely black if I'm working on a car..... I kind of enjoy it, actually [hihi] yeah I'd be wearing gloves too, cause of the brake fluid or brake cleaner.

are you gonna clean off that rust? and looks like we have either a boat or a plane in progress (don't ask, but you never know, it COULD be a plane [thumb]

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Haha yea, I love gettin my hands black workin on a car, but i don't want em dyed blue from that stuf haha. And yea, I'm gonna buy a brass polishing wheel for my dads bench grinder and get all that rust off of the rotors.

And sadly its not a plane, its a 14' wooden boat in progress.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
those look like the snap-on rubber gloves...

and its good to wear rubber gloves... i used to work all the time without gloves because i thought it was more manly... but now that i have a baby on the way i want my hands to be soft for her.

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
and hey chup.... could you possibly measure the studs on the front and rear hubs? like their length?

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
HAHA I use brake cleaner to wash my hands after doing a brake job! lol

But to each his own.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
those look like the snap-on rubber gloves...

and its good to wear rubber gloves... i used to work all the time without gloves because i thought it was more manly... but now that i have a baby on the way i want my hands to be soft for her.
hey, honhon...... just come feel my hands.....

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
hey, honhon...... just come feel my hands.....
lol... ive felt hard and crusty hands... i grew up with my dad working on john deere's at work, his hands would crack and then the cracks would fill with dirt...

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
lol... ive felt hard and crusty hands... i grew up with my dad working on john deere's at work, his hands would crack and then the cracks would fill with dirt...
hah yeah....... now the odd thing is my hands are really smooth [screwy] [wiggle]

·
Focus "Sleeper"
1,619 Posts
Yeah, I know, but it is SO FAST! lol A friend of mine uses it to clean anything you can imagine. He even uses it inside the car to spot clean the carpet, seats, even the headliner. I watched him take heavy grease stains off his pickup's headliner. No residue or trace of grease or cleaner.

Personally, cleaning my hands is as far as I will go with it.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow...yea i'm not gonna do anything like that with brake cleaner. And yea i can measure the stud length today if i get a chance to work on it

1 - 17 of 17 Posts