Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
GreyRice WOoT!
10,786 Posts
damn thats so cool looking, how is that experience, i really really wanna do that some day with my fofo

·
Resident Curmudgeon
4,360 Posts
WELL DONE !!!! [thumb]

Did you come away feeling like track events are easier than AX?

Looked like it was a great time!

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
WELL DONE !!!! [thumb]
Thanks!

Did you come away feeling like track events are easier than AX?!
Well, not shagging cones in 90+deg weather was pretty nice [hihi]
Seriously - the thing I liked most about it (apart from just how much fun it was to drive on track) was that when you made a mistake or didn't like a line, you immediately had a chance to correct yourself on the next lap, rather than sitting in grid fuming/fretting over it.

Looked like it was a great time!
You got dat right! My instructor timed my laps in the last session [shhh] and I was turning consistent times lap after lap, which made me really happy. I was also *eating* cars in the infield - Fear the SVT [nutkick]

·
Registered
289 Posts
Track days are great aren't they. You're wiped out from driving unlike auto-x where you wiped out from being bored.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Did you adjust your suspension settings at all?
Ended up at WD40's 3Front/8Rear settings on the AGX's.

I'm thinking I might want a bigger swaybar in back, but I'm going to get camber plates first and see how the car feels with them rather than changing 2 things at once.

·
Registered
2,648 Posts
cool vid....but i think that camera is way too far.....

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
cool vid....but i think that camera is way too far.....

Safety reasons - having a metal bar pointing out of one of the front seats towards the driver or passenger's heads = not good. I have it mounted to one of the back headrests.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts