Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the 1st time in god knows how long someone has a question other than cai, tb and exhaust!!!! iw as looking on f2f and found some fuel injectors. what kinda of a differance do they make. i know they use them for turbos to get more gas to mix with the air there pushing in. will they make a differance if you have a cai and an exhaust?? im just wondering cuz for $100 would they be worth it if they added a little more power or just make the car run a little smother with the mods i have on!?!?!. and i should add im planing on adding some 4.06 gears and a torsen limited slip in the near future. just need some input before i do something stupied

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
They will not make a difference unless you have F/I. You can't put more fuel in until you put more air in.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
see but i am with my cold air intake and tb plus im pushing it out fast with my exhuast why i was wondering

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
Not to be a smart ass, but do some research on fuel requirements and calculations online. A lot of what you'll find will be about motorcycles, but the equations are the same so long as it's for 4 stroke engines. The Duratec is actually over fueled, and the stock injectors will handle 250 hp NA, and for a quick estimate, I'd say around 200 hp FI. In case you're wondering, the variables change between FI and NA, and it takes more fuel to run FI safely at X hp than it does NA. Marcy Motorsport made 229 whp without changing injectors on their NA test motor, and probably within 10 hp running a more streetable tune.

You really need some serious internal modifications before an engine requires larger fuel injectors like FI, high comp pistons, high lift cams, and all the exterior mods to increase the overall performance.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Not to mention that the returnless fuel injection system we have allows tuners (SCT) to increase the fuel pressure to simulate larger injectors without the poor idle and other problems associated with the early return style system and the EV1 pintle-type injectors.

Don't touch your injetors unless you are pulling them for a cleaning, flow test and matching.

·
Registered
613 Posts
what about if you're installing an intake manifold?
is it ok to pull the fuel rail?

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
the cossie intake manifold, which is the only one out right now for duratecs, only requires a retune of the ecu, no fuel injector changes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats the website for the cossie intake!?!?!?!?!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts