Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just joined because I have a new car. This is my first car payment since 2006 as I have been driving one or more Ford Thunderbird SC's up until essentially Monday night.

Historically a Ford person I always liked small engines with power which is what had me playing with the Thunderbirds. Who can't have fun with a supercharged v6? I even built a drag and autocross race car out of one pumping up the stock 190hp motor up to 450rwhp and 460rwt after building the motor in my basement back in 2008.
During my time with the Thunderbirds I tuned my own engine using a Quarterhorse device connected to the J3 port of the EEC-IV. I even tuned my race car to run in E85.

But my children moved out and shortly after a Grandson, and with having more fun spending time with him and less time to spend on the car, I sold it 3 years ago.

Now my daily driver was starting to need too much work and I just don't have the time so it was time to put it out to pasture (a 1990 Thunderbird SC with 189,000 miles). I visited the Minnesota State Fair last Friday and saw the ford display with their cars. On Monday I went to a dealer to check out the Fiesta, and left Monday night with my 2014 Focus SE Auto.

I'm looking forward to learning more about the Focus cars with all the information that appears to be here. I'm still figuring out how to use all the buttons.

·
Ph00ked bey0nd belef
6,279 Posts
[welcome][welcome][welcome]

Be sure to check out the MK III section for all kinds of great info on maintaining and dare I say modding your car if you are so inclined! (wink wink, nudge nudge)

You will find this site to be a plethora of information and a boat load of friendly and helpful peeps to answer your questions and share information with you.

Enjoy your stay!

[welcome] [welcome] [welcome]

Oh and nice ride!!!

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
Welcome to FF

LOTS of buttons & functions, like the computer in front of you I doubt anyone uses all of them very often (grin).

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. I'm not too afraid of the buttons, though I get the feeling the number pad on the right of the stack was just for design purposes and balance out all the stuff on the left.

I've been looking through the menus in the dash system and it's obvious when a menu has only one option that the system is somewhat generic and can be used in cars with more gadgets.

I have run into a couple questions so I'll search the forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts