Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help finding a better suspension kit for my 05 ZX3 I use it on the road and to travel through my bosses fields. Either one made for it or make it fit on

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I need some help finding a better suspension kit for my 05 ZX3 I use it on the road and to travel through my bosses fields. Either one made for it or make it fit on
IDK what your looking for? You could replace the struts/shocks w/ new ones. I'd use a truck for off roading thru fields then a foci,,,,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
We have a rally corse in one of the far fields and I just need a little more out of my shocks and struts while getting out to it with still having it sitting normal

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
We have a rally corse in one of the far fields and I just need a little more out of my shocks and struts while getting out to it with still having it sitting normal
New replacement hd one's would work better then your old ones.

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Id suggest stiffer springs and better shocks but no one makes out of the box springs that are more firm with out lowering the ride height. Better shocks would dampen everything better but you will still have the same ride/height and spring firmness.

If your car is up there in miles (above70k) I would say your stock shocks/struts are past their prime and aren't dampening like they used to. OEM replacement shocks and struts would make a difference. If you want to spend more money you can get new dampers.

For an idea on dampers that are better than stock, look here:
http://www.c-f-m.com/performanceparts/pc/Shocks-Struts-c101.htm
Top of the line dampening are the Koni Yellows, which is probably over kill for your use. Ford Racing dampers are good value and would do a better job than stockers

Also, moving this to the suspension section

·
C2H5OH
11,867 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts