Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 08 focus, coupe....no electric windows or doors period [:(]

how the heck do you take the panels off w/o breaking something and totally wanting to kick yourself in the @$$.

looks easy but complicated at the same time.
i got as far as getting the front part of the handle off, then loosining the star bit inside the handle....
i couldnt just pop off the handle like some of the threads had posted...
also got to remember, my car is not meant for lazy people, NO ELECTRIC. straight up window crank, and "dont forget to lock your door" is said to every passenger. lol

i tried google, but that didnt help much either....
this is the downfall of new models, its hard to find the skeleton map of it all lol
plz help me out
pics, steps, diagrams, tips, links
are all useful
thnx

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
sorry man...not familiar with the new fofo models...just 2000-2007

what exactly are you trying to do taking the panels off?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
just want to see what i bought when i signed my name on the dotted line lol

owners manual only explains so much, so im the one that likes to see it for myself lol

·
Banned
263 Posts
see what? behind the door panel? you will find a speaker an inner door skin made outta sheet metal and the window track and regulater

·
Registered
774 Posts
missjess, you are like me and the rest of the crew I roll with. lol. curious as to what and how everything around you works.

Good luck. I have become very good at taking the 2002 Focus door skins off (crank still gives me trouble)

If you did not know already, they make a window crank remover tool you can get at AutoZone for a few bucks that should help you with that part at least.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
you most likely are going to need a window crank tool that will pop the crank off so you can get the pannel off

·
Registered
774 Posts
hey man, no problem, we're both right. I think that is where she is having the problem. its not like they redesigned too much of the inside door structure from 07 to 08, I'm sure it is held on very similar to what we rock, but I just don't know without seeing first hand.

5,155 Posts
Buy a set of speakers from Crutchfield.com and they will give you an instruction manual that explains how to remove your radio, front and rear speakers. I've bought many items from them and have been thoroughly pleased.

·
Registered
168 Posts
S&G Tool Aid 87650
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-LvfVNAYiU5h/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?i=18187650

Clip Removal Tool YA331
http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item...&group_ID=1796&store=snapon-store&dir=catalog

S&G Tool Aid 87615
http://www.crutchfield.com/App/Product/Item/Main.aspx?g=820&i=18187615&tp=990

The first tool is a standard panel removing tool, the second is a clip removal tool which is also useful when removing panels and the third is a window crank removal tool (removes retaining clip and allows you to pull off the crank handle)

The tools above make it pretty dang easy to remove door panels, however I don't remember needing them to remove the door panels on my fiance's 2005 Focus, was rather simple to remove that door panel.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts