Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone else noticed this.... My 2000 focus zx3 with 40,000 miles has AEM intake, focus sport header, HKS cat back exhaust and that is it engine wise... but.. when i am cruising and the rpms are in the 2000-2200 range it tends to be just a little rough.... my friend who is an even bigger car guy that me (somehow????) says that it is just because of all the mods. Just wondering if anyone else noticed this. I thought it may be because of spark plugs or wires... but all the instances i have had with that it was rough the whole way through the range of rpms not just a short range... thanks for any repies!

·
Registered
697 Posts
what do you mean rough? rough in the gears? rough sounding engine? elabarate more pelase.

·
Registered
2,719 Posts
Its because your mods are made to let your car breathe better at higher rpms. Your car will not breathe as well at lower rpms or perform as well.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Two other things to consider or try. Look for vaccum leaks. They are more prevalent at idle and low RPM's. Disconnect your battery for 15 to 20 minutes. Sometimes this clears the CPU of old information and will allow it to better adapt to the mods.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts