Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, i had enought with my stock head unit not reading cds and i got a kenwood kcf 232 and is awesome, just the little right knob seem fragile... i had kenwood before and lasted me ok. now for what i had before and i have questions for the future...

I had a kenwood head unit
front blaupunkt 160w speakers for good clear sound
back pioneer tsw something for highs and loud mids.
1 1000w dhd amp 4x250w at 4 ohm(old model)
and a pioneer IMPP sub with 300 RMS 600w peak

the setup was 2ch for inside speakers with no bass going to them from the amp, x over to max
2ch to the sub and that is pretty much it. I did lose fade control, but who cares since was the gain control for me. The system sound awesome and alot of people that spent more money and better brand got jelous. They used to swear I had a kicker or JL in there, some used to think I had 2, but again this was in a 2000 mitsu mirage.

NOW

I want a similar setup. I do not know what to get. The highs and mids are fine, but I want no bass to them. I was thinking of putting a 1 ch amp or 2 ch and run a sub. again not sure with amp and sub. I would want to stick to kenwood but is pretty expensive and now sure is really worth it since my last cheap setup was very very good.

Also, I think if i put a 4ch on stock speakers they will fry and might need to change them. What do you recomend. Get an amp with 2/3/4 and use to ch for inside and 1 for sub? will this run reliable, since my amp could drive to of those above mention subs and was just fine... no heat up.

how is lanzar, boss, precision power (ppi?) or some thing of ebay? I found good amps for my specs for around 75-100w rms for 150 shiped. also subs, what would you recomend? Remember I do not need to blow windows, but around 500W-1000w will be good since I do not need to play it at max...

thanks...

·
Registered
23 Posts
My landlord owns the biggest audio shop in my town so I get good deals on good stuff so I can't help you with low priced items but I will tell you get a ported box.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no port... since i do not want it to be boomy, i want clear bass... and that bass drive...

·
Registered
108 Posts
ok for an amp i would go profile, in my opinion they are the best bang for the buck in a cheap amp. i bought two ap1000m monoblocks off ebay for like ninety something a piece and they drive my alpine type r twelves awesome. but they also make many two and four channel amps. if i was you, i would get a kenwood deck with a high/low pass filter and whatever speakers you want for factory replacement. the high low pass will cut out the bass on these speakers, and then just go with a profile monoblock and a decent sub (personally i would stay away from the few that you mentioned.) hope i answered your questions

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
does not my kenwood 232 have a low pass/ high pass filter?

·
Registered
108 Posts
no it doesnt, you have to step up to the kdc mp4032 like mine to get the high low pass filter

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
joshco84 said:
no it doesnt, you have to step up to the kdc mp4032 like mine to get the high low pass filter
is that something in the back, or what? is there such things in the specs? or is the system E? not sure if best buy has the stereo, does this one have it? KENWOOD EZ500. any other options for me...

·
Registered
108 Posts
i would buy the deck off of crutchfield, it comes with all the mounting equipment and hardware needed, and when i ordered mine a month or so ago it was free shipping. the ez 500 has high low pass and it is 229 with free shipping, install kit, wire harness. my 4032 has all of the same features, plus a dedicated set of sub rca output and two regular rca's also. and the 4032 is only 169 with all the free shiat.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
well, i got mine from best buy with free install, so i would only pay the difference for the price of the stereo

they got the 728, 732 and 828. they all have the system q and e. what would you recomend...

·
Registered
108 Posts
well the 732 is all that i can find on crutch real quick and it is a nice deck. it is a little higher priced than i was wanting to pay but if you want to fork out the cash methinks its a good deck. and yes it has the high low pass and all of that good stuff. that and the g force analyzer looks pretty cool too.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
how about the Pioneer DEH-P4800MP has all this plus I like the fact that it matches the car interior lights...

I am thinking for this as a setup...

Pioneer DEH-P4800MP
In-Dash CD/MP3/WMA/WAV Receiver

Pioneer GM-7200M
800W Mono Channel Amplifier

Pioneer TS-G6841R
6" x 8" 2-Way 105W Car Speakers

Pioneer TS-W306C
12" 1000W 4-Ohm Subwoofers

Pioneer TS-W306C
12" 1000W 4-Ohm Subwoofers
Hot Deal $79.00

Pioneer TSW384
15" 700W 4-Ohm Subwoofer
$99.00

What sub should I get out of this tree subs... Used to have a IMPP 300rms/600w before and was awesome, it was not dual cone... but rocked...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts