Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a friend with a focus. He was on his way to turbo but decided against it. He has offered me his "kit" for $1000. This kit consists of:
Obx ram style tubular manifold
Egay turbo t3t4 .60 trim i believe (not realible i already know)
Ebay intercooler
All Piping 2.5
2.5 downpipe
Oil pan tapped
All lines
42lb injectors
Aem fuel rail
Ssqv bov
Manual boost controller
Would this be a good deal?Also i have a strong stock zetec engine and wouldnt boost over 230hp after tune of course. I can get pics if needed. Thanks guys

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I also meant to say thay it is all new as well besides the injectors.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
haha, not even close. you can pick up that exact same kit on ebay for 600. is he trying to make a buck off of you? how good of a friend is he? lol

anyways, i wouldn't trust the turbo as far as you can throw it. the obx mani's have been known to crack, you don't need an AEM fuel rail as urs will do just fine. manual boost controllers (ebay junk) will fail. if he offered the kit to you for 200, maybe, but if more, i wouldn't touch it!

·
Vinyl + LED guru
4,243 Posts
I agree. Most is junk and you'll need way more than that to piece a kit together.

·
FF Affiliate
31,087 Posts
My Intercoolers are not something you can buy on ebay , Can you please remove that

I would have to see pictures but if its on his car and running then he should also have the xcal for tuning and I didnt see that in your list , didnt see the air fuel gauge he should also have , what waste gate

For 1000.00 you can use (again need pictures )
Piping
Oil pan
Injectors
Intercooler
oil lines/fittings
BOV
sell the AEM fuel rail

Again if these are done properly and look good are worth the 1000 , the turbo and manifold can be upgraded when they fail as your not really paying for them

If he doesnt have the xcal , wide band , your looking at about 600.00 right there and a tune is 550.00

Your going to spend another 1500-2500 to get this kit running safely

Tom

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thank you tom. It was removed, my apologies, meant no harm, just meant same dimensions. He does not have an xcal or wideband. I could sell the turbo and manny or just not buy them from him. I will post pics when i recieve them. Thanks again for the help guys.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I bought that eBay kit about 4 yrs ago. Lasted about a 1yr and a half. It was a dog though. I didn't get full boost till about 4500 RPM. It made decent power but it is not worth $1000.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont want ppl to think its a ebay kit cuz it is not. The only ebay/obx/whatever items are the manifold, turbo, and intercooler. If purchased, i would immediately sell the turbo (or buy without) and get a different one...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Good call, the one thing that I still have on the car that is from the original kit is the piping. The BOV, Turbo, and wastegate and intercooler have all been replaced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts