Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just curious, does the dealership install the premium sound? I have the base se without all the bells and whistles and am not a fan of the sound I am getting -- I get a lot of rattling and empty sound on some songs. I think it would be cool to have that touch screen too, I have the one where you have to use the buttons to scroll through the options.

Secondly, has anyone gotten seat covers? I reaaaaally do not want to spend like 219 dollars for seat covers. Is there any actual affordable seat covers lol?

I think that is it lol.

Thanks.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I believe the dealer does install the system, however why pay a premium for a mediocre sound system? You can get a decent system for dealer price that sounds better.

Seat cover wise you get what you pay for. A cheap seat cover won't fit snug and will either fall apart with wear and tear and will fit terribley. A good set of black leather seat covers will run you around 200$. Not counting install.

·
Registered
285 Posts
I was just curious, does the dealership install the premium sound? I have the base se without all the bells and whistles and am not a fan of the sound I am getting -- I get a lot of rattling and empty sound on some songs. I think it would be cool to have that touch screen too, I have the one where you have to use the buttons to scroll through the options.

Secondly, has anyone gotten seat covers? I reaaaaally do not want to spend like 219 dollars for seat covers. Is there any actual affordable seat covers lol?

I think that is it lol.

Thanks.
Go with leather seat covers....easy to clean, longer lasting but I can't find good ones for less than $400 per seat. You can find leather Focus seats from wrecked Focuses probably cheaper than seat covers....IMO! Again, IMO....there is nothing wrong with the Sony sound system...I get a lot of compliments but for the money and all that is needed, go with aftermarket...go to a good audio installer tho' rather than dealership.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
I was just curious, does the dealership install the premium sound?
The dealership will contract out a custom job that the factory can't or won't do. Some are different, but the dealer I worked at contracted those "aftermarket" jobs out. Some dealers up here use factory made and brand/warranty approved parts for custom jobs.

All depends on the dealership :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Go with leather seat covers....easy to clean, longer lasting but I can't find good ones for less than $400 per seat. You can find leather Focus seats from wrecked Focuses probably cheaper than seat covers....IMO! Again, IMO....there is nothing wrong with the Sony sound system...I get a lot of compliments but for the money and all that is needed, go with aftermarket...go to a good audio installer tho' rather than dealership.

Word. I went with a custom setup and mine sounds so much better than the sony models... Plus I wouldn't even consider sony "Premium"

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I will definitely check into that thank you! Have any recommendations on sound systems and seat covers with links? Thank yoU!

·
Registered
473 Posts
Yup, if I have a customer that wants custom sound we contract it out to a guy. We don't mark it up any from the price he gives us, which is less than his retail price. I can't promise other dealers work the same way.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Yup, if I have a customer that wants custom sound we contract it out to a guy. We don't mark it up any from the price he gives us, which is less than his retail price. I can't promise other dealers work the same way.
We'd mark it up a bit just to cover gas to and from the contractor, gas is expensive up here.

·
Registered
473 Posts
We'd mark it up a bit just to cover gas to and from the contractor, gas is expensive up here.
Fortunately my guy picks up and delivers~

We do it as a courtesy, too much paperwork involved if not. With the little markup we would do, and the rarity that people want custom sound systems its just easier to treat it as customer service rather than a revenue source.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Fortunately my guy picks up and delivers~

We do it as a courtesy, too much paperwork involved if not. With the little markup we would do, and the rarity that people want custom sound systems its just easier to treat it as customer service rather than a revenue source.
We drove the car to and from... We were on the north side and the shop was on the south side... We made loads up front so it wasn't a big deal.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts