Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

What is that you may be asking, it's my intake wrapped with leftover exhaust wrap. :) I figured it wouldn't hurt to shield the cooler air entering from being heated up from the engine and transmission.

Also installed this:

BBK 66MM throttle body, got a heck of a deal on it brand new.

I also have been working on installing some relays (1 to power the gauge during engine cranking and 1 to power the gauge lights from the headlamp switch):

for my new autometer electrical gauges (they are shown in test mode because they aren't wired up completely yet):

Sanded the texture off the gauge pod and painted it flat black to make it look a little more OEM. :)

and a picture of my mess:

And yes I do like E4 Ford Red

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Looks like it coming along even better! Can I ask, what benefit exactly are the relay's going to give?

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like it coming along even better! Can I ask, what benefit exactly are the relay's going to give?
Rather than drawing power from the existing Ford wiring it will provide a switch to power them on their own circuitry. In other words, I won't be drawing more current from the existing wiring than originally expected. Plus a relay can throttle the power better than having it directly into the battery or some other 12v.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
Interesting. I wonder if that would help with my HID's as one doesn't like to switch on all the time and they dim after being on for a few.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Interesting. I wonder if that would help with my HID's as one doesn't like to switch on all the time and they dim after being on for a few.
It probably wouldn't hurt but I would have to know how you wired up your projector headlamps. You could run all new wiring and have the old socket be the trigger wire for the relay. However, the factory wiring should be more than adequate for your Hids. It sounds like it could be a weak connection, bad ground, or inadequate gauged wiring.

On our JRSC, I have been thinking about doing away with that T vacuum that sits behind our supercharger. I plan on running the PCV valve to an oil catch can and then a line to the ground. I don't like those gases going back into the intake manifold and it's just another way to loose vacuum. I will let you know how it works out.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Everything looks good man.

Where does that intake run to? cause I see no scoop on it.

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
If I'm not mistaking, the intake is made up of the lower snorkle to the stock box with a tube that runs to a scoop on the bottom of his car. I ran a similar setup and aside from an open filter CAI, it's the best setup to run IMO [thumb]

Mine

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Here ya go:

I got everything wired up and the interior all back together tonight and everything works perfectly! I love it when a plan comes together.

·
Registered
531 Posts
dude what type of snorkle is that. looks like its about 1 foot wide. i see a ford embelem on it in one of the pics. was wondering what it goes to

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Mike at Hillbish Ford hooked me up with it. The snorkel came off a recalled F-350 turbo diesel or similar truck. It looks very factory with it installed.

You can contact him and see if he has any lying around.

- Zach

·
Registered
758 Posts
Is that one of the famous Trenal Hilbish intakes? I've been on the waiting list for one of those for a while, they're actually the end take to the intercooler from the turbo diesel's (f250/350, etc) they're slotted to the left and the tubing is almost a straight shot to the bottom of the svt intake box, it's a great Ram Air style intake innovation from Mike @ Hilbish...

·
Registered
698 Posts
Did you put your hood scoop on after the JRSC?

If so did you see any differences in your IAT?

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Did you put your hood scoop on after the JRSC?

If so did you see any differences in your IAT?
No, I didn't have the hood scoop prior to the JRSC. I added it because I wanted to cool the blower and everything else under the hood down. I haven't gotten any actual readings but the underhood temps seem much better.

Is that one of the famous Trenal Hilbish intakes? I've been on the waiting list for one of those for a while, they're actually the end take to the intercooler from the turbo diesel's (f250/350, etc) they're slotted to the left and the tubing is almost a straight shot to the bottom of the svt intake box, it's a great Ram Air style intake innovation from Mike @ Hilbish...
hah I beat you by 1 minute.

·
Registered
698 Posts
thats awesome. If I get my JRSC this summer I will probably try some hood spacers out to see if it cools things down a bit. Probably wont be as effective but it might help.

Maybe i could set up some kind of snorkle to the blower itself. That might help too.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
^^ no point in spacing, try pulling the wiper cowl weatherstripping out first, that seems to help a lot of the duratec members lower their underhood temps and there is data to prove it.

·
Supercharged
3,275 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Wouldn't that kind of look like butt? Like something is missing?
Yes and allow a ton of water to drain into your engine bay near your fuse box and main wiring harness. You should really only do it on the passenger's side of the windshield.

My hood scoop is sealed off around the back and doesn't allow water to enter. If I'm moving forward the water can't fight gravity in order to enter the scoop. It has too much of a incline.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts