Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok first off I am wanting to make a good boost build, not half assed not half done... but done with quality parts and good time...

I have some things in mind for the build... I'm wanting to be able to push over 300whp...

yeah I know we all do but I'm serious and I want to learn what engine parts it takes to reach this goal!

Here are some of the items I will be considering purchasing for the build:

CFM Zetec High Performance Short block ($2,299.95)
Ford Racing Cylinder Head ($756.95)
Crower Stage 2 Camshafts for Focus Zetec w/ Forced Induction ($367.95)
Crower Valve Springs and Retainers ($239.95)
CFM Billet 65mm Throttle Body
($249.95)
CFM Adjustable Camshaft Gears ($219.95)
Torsen T2 Differential ($599.95)

Rough total: $4,734.65

and for the boost I'm going to use

Turbo from fswerks
($3295.00) (Going to have them include the GT28RS to create more boost)

grand ROUGH total: $7429.70

so let me know what you guys think in the stuff I have listed, I know I'll need alot more cause of small parts and engine addons and what not but i'd like to see some input... should I just get a cheap engine and mod it instead of buying the short block??

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
the short block already has a rotating assembly, crank rods and pistons. you can cut 900 off right there

·
Registered
920 Posts
A new clutch, flywheel, torson LSD

Reactions: xecutionr

·
TURBO ZX3
8,746 Posts
Agreed with above allways build the bottom if your building the top. Get a stage 4 or better IMO for the best power to the wheels and the lightweight flywheel to fly through the rpms especially with the stage 2 cams and the LSD is def a good buy

·
Registered
2,355 Posts

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
What shape is your current motor, maybe you should put a turbo one that and run less boost then do a built motor and turn the boost up. You may find that DD a220whp is a lot more fun then you though.

Reactions: xecutionr

·
Haterz gonna Hate
2,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey everyone thanks for the input! i knew I would over look things so i figured I would just have some extra help!! btw rep points are being given for people that helped me out! [thumb]

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
Ok first off I am wanting to make a good boost build, not half assed not half done... but done with quality parts and good time...

I have some things in mind for the build... I'm wanting to be able to push over 300whp...

yeah I know we all do but I'm serious and I want to learn what engine parts it takes to reach this goal!

Here are some of the items I will be considering purchasing for the build:

CFM Zetec High Performance Short block ($2,299.95)
Ford Racing Cylinder Head ($756.95)
Crower Stage 2 Camshafts for Focus Zetec w/ Forced Induction ($367.95)
Crower Valve Springs and Retainers ($239.95)
CFM Billet 65mm Throttle Body
($249.95)
CFM Adjustable Camshaft Gears ($219.95)
Torsen T2 Differential ($599.95)

Rough total: $4,734.65

and for the boost I'm going to use

Turbo from fswerks
($3295.00) (Going to have them include the GT28RS to create more boost)

grand ROUGH total: $7429.70

so let me know what you guys think in the stuff I have listed, I know I'll need alot more cause of small parts and engine addons and what not but i'd like to see some input... should I just get a cheap engine and mod it instead of buying the short block??
I would do just rods and pistons with a line bore and bearings on the crank.... stock head and cams since you are only shooting for 300whp.

·
Premium Member
8,343 Posts
its minimal but important, What exhaust setup do you currently have? Or if stock make sure you get at least 2.5 inch headers on back. I have a 3inch headers on back now but i had 2.0 before Ill tell you what day and night difference.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
What happened to your last build...?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts