Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying... Im not a chrome fan AT ALL, so today I felt like messing around with the front fog light housings, and the trim around the Ford emblem. Ended up doing some carbon fiber vinyl over the center trim, did yellow Lamin-x on the fog lights, and painted the fog light housings black.. check it out...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are held in by clips. Take a hard card and wedge it between the ring and housing... It will pop off

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
That looks really sharp. You did a good job there.

·
Registered
671 Posts
looks sick fire, I've been doing something similar can't wait... I'll start posting up pics soon.

Do you plan on tinting your car? Or have you already?

·
Sonic Crew #016
4,313 Posts
I like the fogs good job dude i might do the same thing. I am not a big chorme guy myself.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Like the carbon fiber.........share how you did that. :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice work!

I have the SEL coming this month so I was thinking about losing the chrome pieces as well.

My only concern is trying to cover, replace, or paint the chrome belt-line molding just below the windows.

Where & how did you do the carbon fiber in the front?

·
Registered
321 Posts
any chance you can demo the removal of the chrome pieces around the fog lights? I would love to paint mine too.
They pop right out. Really easy. I used my ID but be careful you don't go at it too hard or you'll scratch the chrome a bit.

·
Registered
336 Posts
A vid would be greatly appreciated!! Im Going to look at my fog lights later on, but im afraid of breaking brackets if i use too much force....And did you use just plain outdoor spraypaint?

Im Thinking about just taking the whole front grill off. Didnt mess around with it yet but it looks like it just can be unscrewed easily. Hate chrome! That was one of the big factors on getting the sport SE model instead of the SEL

·
Registered
336 Posts
Do you have to worry about the vinyl coming off when you wash the car or coming off after getting weathered?
on my old car I had vinyl taillight tint and that was like glue. I live in a city and go to the DIY car washer with high power waterguns( which are more powerful than any hurricane lol) and there never moved an inch

1 - 19 of 19 Posts