Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my SVT and im going to uprgade the sounds. Pretty much everything is gonna get done, sound dampening the doors, trunk, floor with B-quiet extreme.

Will the added weight of the sound dampening really weigh down my car and make a noticable difference in power?

I all ready have a JVC KD-LH910 reciever thats going in it, and i will also be upgrading the 5x7/6x8 front and rear speakers. Also gonna go the "Big 3", wire everything with 1/0 guage wire from KnuKonceptz and get a new amp and a single 12 in a sealed custom box. Havent decided on the amp and sub yet, i all ready have a Profile Clarus 1200 amp and a 12" Kicker L7 in a 1.5 cubic foot sealed box that was in my wrangler. I may put that in to have a little thump now till i upgrade.

Now the first thing i want to do is speakers and sound dampening. Im pretty torn on what to go with. I really want my car to sound amazing but i wont be taking it to comps or anything like that. Its just my daily driver that i want to sound clean and sweet, an SQ system if you will. Now my question is do you guys recommend going with components over regular speaklers and mounting the tweet in the a-pillar? Do components make that much of a difference over regular speakers? Should i do components in the front and back, or just int he front and have regular speakers in my rear doors. If i were to do components in the back, where would i mount the tweets? I have a pretty broad price range and i also plan on running a 4 channel amp to the speakers in the front and back. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
Sound deadening is worth it. It doesn't weigh down the car, since you are talking about 50 lbs max.

Components are a great upgrade for the car, I love mine.

I would install 6.5" components in the door, and tweeters on the a-pillar.
Don't use the stock speakers, they'll take away SQ from the system at loud volumes, and possible distort.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foci_Fosho said:
Sound deadening is worth it. It doesn't weigh down the car, since you are talking about 50 lbs max.

Components are a great upgrade for the car, I love mine.

I would install 6.5" components in the door, and tweeters on the a-pillar.
Don't use the stock speakers, they'll take away SQ from the system at loud volumes, and possible distort.
Any your using aftermarket speakers in the rear as well, just not the components witht he seperate tweeter?

·
Registered
393 Posts
You don't need 1/0 for a profile amp. 4 guage should be fine. you don't need the extra wieght of 1/0 and the amp doesn't need it. power wire size should be based on the amperage that the system is capable of pulling.
Componets are better sounding than coaxials provided they are mounted correctly and in the proper location. Coaxials are good when they have seperate crossovers, and don't want to put a seperate tweeter.

Tim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts