Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What A/F ratio are you running with the JRSC+BBK and is it the stock BBK tune or a dyno tune or PRP tune?

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
EnviedSVT said:
hey springbuck how do u like your svt jrsc bbk?!
I like it, lots of low down tq, just worried about my A/F ratio, as I seem to be running way to lean.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have a JRSC+BBK on my SVT and 14.8 is perfectly fine when your just cruizin' around and at idle. When you get on it, the A/F should be around 12.5-13.1. Just so you know, I am not running the Ford tune, I have a custom tune from Wayne on my X-Cal 2 and my A/F #'s are just right.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
SVTBoy21 said:
I have a JRSC+BBK on my SVT and 14.8 is perfectly fine when your just cruizin' around and at idle. When you get on it, the A/F should be around 12.5-13.1. Just so you know, I am not running the Ford tune, I have a custom tune from Wayne on my X-Cal 2 and my A/F #'s are just right.
Are you running the stock setup or did you move your IAT?

·
Registered
209 Posts
I didn't move my IAT and I'm using a AEM UEGO to see my A/F #'s.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My A/F ratio stays at approx 14.64 all the time. I don't have any issues with it, but I don't think I am getting all the power I should be making. I am having problems to break the tires loose changing from 1 to 2. It does it, but just barely. It seems to be just at the top, because I have a lot of bottom end grunt.

·
Registered
11,906 Posts
13:1 AFR???.... you need to change tuners thats too lean for WOT with FI

12.5:1 should be the HIGHEST you go..... I prefer high 11's to low 12's

I shread the tires on the 1-2 myself [:D]

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
03OrangeSVT said:
13:1 AFR???.... you need to change tuners thats too lean for WOT with FI

12.5:1 should be the HIGHEST you go..... I prefer high 11's to low 12's

I shread the tires on the 1-2 myself [:D]
Yup..like i said...

14 is insane high for a FI application..

and you should still relocate your IAT to after the blower.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I was just putting what I thought was the highest A/F you can run on FI. My A/F is low 12's to high 11's. My tuner is just fine, thanks.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you move the IAT to after the blower, where would you put it and would I need to retune for this?

·
Registered
210 Posts
The perfict A/F on a FI motor is 11.9 You want to be as close to that as posible. If you're higher then 12.5 WOT, you are asking for trouble. I'm ritch as all hell right now, @ 10.6. I have not yet changed my tune from 16psi to the 12lbs I'm running now. But I don't mind, I just stay away from the higher RPMs for the most part. As for the 1 - 2 shift, I need a clutch. lol I used to be able to drop into second at 50mph and light'em up, but now, I just get hanging revs if I get on it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts