Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so in a different thread i had asked questions about the svt header swap.

since i dont quite have the money for a proper tune yet, i figured i could keep an eye on the A/F ratio. i can let off to avoid causing engine damage.

im just curious on what you guys suggest as a decent wideband sensor. ive seen some listed at 130 and others for 350. w/o some serious convincing id like to keep it between 130-150.

i apologize if im terribly scatterbrained, i got it from my mother. [loveff]

·
TARBO-PANDA
4,910 Posts
This is what I have on my setup...

LINK

I can't think of a reason to use one with just a header swap though...esspcecially if your computer can't do anything with it.

Kinda a waste of $$$. Sure you can look at it, and looks pretty neat. But I can't see shelling out the coin for just a header swap.

It'll be useful for a tune -- so I can understand you creeping up to that, if it' sin your future. :)

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I like the AEM like C-F-M sells , there easy to install , the o2 sensor is not a fortune to buy and there easy to hook up to the XCAL when you get one

I 100% agree with you that you need the wide band A/F gauge with just a header swap , you may be safe you may not be , I would want to know

Tom

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so header swap = bung for egr, wideband and some tubing hackery.

have header/dipstick, cool. so im assuming any complete wideband o2 kit will work?

wideband o2 kit = sensor, wiring and gauge?

i have some reading on lc1/2 and lm1/2. since im not looking too too far down the rabbit hole anyone mind telling me if i should care? if yes, which one is best?

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright since im cheap, i decided to browse ebay. you guys think this is an ok kit?

·
Super Moderator
8,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drank the kool-aid, bought the WB AFR gauge. 2 week return policy no questions asked.
ill make a small review if i remember....

tits. now i gotta get a second O2 and make a mil eliminator. SHOULD be cheap.

then its a matter of find a weekend, cut weld, bolt on.

got 3/5 to buy... gotta make a cat/some sort of pipe to fit the header to the rest of the exhaust. poop.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts