Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever been known with a mk1.5 to do this euro swap?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419267886.852443.jpg
This guy actually has a euro mondeo but the headlights look like the same shape as the American face lifted foci and I would be interested in doing this.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I've never seen anyone do a mk3 front end on the older models. I've seen the typical back date= svt bumper, '00-'04 hood, fenders, grille on the mk1.5's & then the '05-'07 frontend on the earlier cars.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like an mk2 mixed with and mk1.5 that's not a 3 is it? Cause that's even before the RS body style I thought

·
Meh.
10,609 Posts
Euro MK2 cars (like the one shown) will not swap onto American Foci, at least not with a lot of body and frame work. European (and basically the rest of the world) got a new version of Foci with a completely new chassis and structure in about 2004 closely related the the same year Mazda3 and Volvo S40/V50 lineups. The American Foci stayed the the older MK1 chassis and structure with only minor changes to the front and rear bodies. This is why it is so easy to swap body parts between American MK1.5 and MK1 Foci because all mounting locations are basically the same. If you tried changing body parts between an MK2 European Foci and a American Foci, nothing would match up leaving large gaps in the body that would need to be filled and the creation of new mounting point to hold it all on.

Not to say it couldn't be done and with a lot of work, it could look great, but would it really be worth it.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
You just looking to change up your car? How about a sap f&r bumpers?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not big on the sap front because I want to lower my car with some racing struts and springs and don't want to deal with all the scraping, sap rear is a must, next year though when I have a steady job. And what sparked the original post was how clean the front end was and was just wondering if it was possible for the future

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
My thoughts also on the sap front= I've seen a lot of them scraped up on the corners, even on stock height cars, could be they don't know how to drive in&out of driveways or something. Have you thought of back dating to have a svt bumper?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have actually quite a bit, because I like the factory Mach housings and would love to mod those and make them black with a euro grill and all that good stuff. It's definitely something I'll have in the back of my head I just need to decide which front end I like more my black bezel headlights just came in yesterday. But idk if I want to make it half st half svt or just keep it st

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
I thought of doing the back date & adding a svt bumper, but then instead, I put the $ torwards more mods instead. How about adding a pr of skirts, as I did? I have the Wingswest ones.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Definitely have thought of that and maybe I could do a euro st170 deal it would be the ultimate st sedan haha

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Definitely have thought of that and maybe I could do a euro st170 deal it would be the ultimate st sedan haha
Yea, that'd be cool, but I'd be doing different mods that'd you'd notice or use. Like svt brakes, intake, tune, sts, bsd, etc....

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The st brakes are beefed up from stock idk the actual difference tho or the difference from svt, but my sts is in the mail I think it should be here today then it's all convincing my dad afterwards haha

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
The st brakes are beefed up from stock idk the actual difference tho or the difference from svt, but my sts is in the mail I think it should be here today then it's all convincing my dad afterwards haha
The st's used the same brakes as all the other models except they used 10'' rear disc's in place of drums. The svt's used 300mm rotors & bigger calipers then all the others. Adding svt rotors & calipers on your car is a direct bolt on. When you need brakes that'd be a great time to upgrade to the svt setup.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts