Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So...Im getting ready for tune/turbo install, gonna put some 91 in my tank instead of 93 and guess what?

I cant find 91 at any of the local stations. The lowest they go is 92 around here... I cant believe that this is a problem for me lol.

Oh i been running 93 for no reason cept that egr is deleted and just wanna make sure i didnt have a problem.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I think 91 is in california

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have it around here, I guess I just havent looked hard enough yet. I might have to do a little highway driving to find some.

·
FF Affiliate
30,935 Posts
Why the crap would you be running 93 NA and now your going boost want to go to lower octane

Stay with 93 if you can get it and be safer

Tom

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
Why the crap would you be running 93 NA and now your going boost want to go to lower octane

Tom
^^^ Agreed, why would you bother looking for 91? I'm confused here, I run 94 in my blown car when I can find it.. I"ll take all I can get ( maybe even a splash of race fuel now and again).

Are you trying to tune to 91? I'm so confused.[idea]

·
Banned
12 Posts

Tom
Have to agree with Tom here, Only run less than 93 if youre running stock internals and dont have any major engine mods (turbo, nitrous, SC).

If for no other reason, it makes more power than lower octane.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im parking my car to install my turbo. You guys told me to tune it on 91 and then run 93. That way im safe if i get bad gas or cant get 93.

·
2focusedracing
1,799 Posts
I wish i had your problem[?|] ..91 is the highest I can get any where near Great falls, mt.

·
Stock
5,040 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Screw it! I admit defeat. Im just gonna run 93 octane FOREVER! I cant find it lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts