Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

I supposedly am getting my Sterling Grey HB , SE with Sport package soon...

I've been reading as much as I could, and wanted to lump a couple questions together, and would appreciate some opinions

I read about waxing the car upon delivery. I always thought that the new car finish needs to be acclimated a while, before protecting the car.

I know nothing about paint, but I know that I'd like to keep the car as new looking as possible

I won't be doing it myself, and would have to pay a shop to do it. Could anyone give me a price figure that I should expect to do this service ?

I have waiting and hoping that some sort of rebate will come to fruition within the next 2 weeks..

I waited too long in May, and lost out while I was deciding on 3 cars I was thinking about...

I did ask Ford for a brochure, but the one I got back was only a brochure which explained that I was pre-approved for Ford Credit

How come I'm not getting the $750.00 magic ticket ? [nutkick]

I also will stick with the Ford molded mudflaps, as well as the Ford Premium mats (since Weathertech doesn't offer them yet )

Or do I wait it out, and buy the mats and side window deflectors when they become available ??

Best Regards

DDR

·
Registered
55 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I received a $750 private cash offer. however, its only $500 for focus. So its worthless pretty much since I already \qualify for college cash rebate (not compatiable w/ private cash)

·
Registered
781 Posts
The cash back also depends on your location. If the Focus is selling well in your area there are generally less incentives, if any.

·
Registered
85 Posts
The only rebate for me was the $500 rebate that required me to finance through Ford Motor Credit. Even though I qualified for their lowest rate, it was still higher than I could finance through my credit union that gave me a $250 credit back and a much lower rate. That meant that Ford had nothing to offer me for rebates really.

·
Registered
239 Posts
If it makes you feel any better, I received a $750 private cash offer. however, its only $500 for focus. So its worthless pretty much since I already \qualify for college cash rebate (not compatiable w/ private cash)
My "private cash offer" was $750 on any new Ford (excl. GT500, Boss, Raptor, etc) IN ADDITION TO any other available offers. So it varies from region and person to person apparently. If it helps any, they've been sending offers for a while. I initially "reserved" a Fiesta a year or two ago when they were doing the free Sync but never went through with it.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You can wax the car immediately after delivery since the car is painted prior to any soft parts being installed so the paint is cured at a high temperature at the factory. At least that's what I've read on the internet.

·
Registered
254 Posts
I think the "don't wax a new car" thing has to do with older paint technology. Kind of like when someone says that you're going to wash the paint off.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Dont pay someome to wax your car, youll pay way more then it costs to do it yourself.

·
Banned
571 Posts
I had Diamond Gloss put on and its made washing it basically a light wipe and rinse job. I think it cost me $300 or so.

·
Registered
588 Posts
I used a clay bar on mine and then treated it with Turtle Wax 'ICE' spray wax. It worked very well. I like that you can just spray it on everything- paint, glass, rubber/plastic moldings, etc. You have to use a micro-fiber cloth of the appropriate type or it just gets smeared around instead of polishing/waxing anything.

It took me a good 3 hours between the washing, the clay bar, and the waxing. I'd expect to pay at least a couple hundred bucks to have someone else do it. I'd also expect them to not do as good a job as I did. [;)]

·
Registered
589 Posts
I used a clay bar on mine and then treated it with Turtle Wax 'ICE' spray wax. It worked very well. I like that you can just spray it on everything- paint, glass, rubber/plastic moldings, etc. You have to use a micro-fiber cloth of the appropriate type or it just gets smeared around instead of polishing/waxing anything.

It took me a good 3 hours between the washing, the clay bar, and the waxing. I'd expect to pay at least a couple hundred bucks to have someone else do it. I'd also expect them to not do as good a job as I did. [;)]
I just bought a clay bar, Turtle Wax ICE spray wax and other accessories. Was going to have someone else do it but would rather do it myself for much cheaper. :)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Hi, I've used ICE but now I have Autoglym Aqua Wax, it has a much deeper longer lasting shine and comes with two micro-fibre cloths and you can also use it on anything.
Chris

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hi, I've used ICE but now I have Autoglym Aqua Wax, it has a much deeper longer lasting shine and comes with two micro-fibre cloths and you can also use it on anything.
Chris
Cool! Maybe I'll check it out when I run out of the ICE stuff.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Ford gave me 750.00 plus 500.00 for pre ordering and another 500.00 off for financing a part of the car tho I was gonna pay for it in cash. Then my dealer gave me 1k off the purchase price on top that. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ford gave me 750.00 plus 500.00 for pre ordering and another 500.00 off for financing a part of the car tho I was gonna pay for it in cash. Then my dealer gave me 1k off the purchase price on top that. No complaints at all.
[thumb] That's a big discount. 2.75k in discounts.
I got 500 (ford credit) + 500 (grad rebate) + 500 (dealer discount) and I'm happy too :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts