Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried over in the ICE section with no luck, so I thought I'd have more luck here:

First, how do I get tracks to play in the correct order?

Second, where is the sync stereo receiver's wiring harness? I need to tap into the speaker outs for my amp's LOC.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What do you mean by correct order?
SYNC seems to be ignoring both file names and track # in the MP3's ID3 tag, instead it plays albums alphabetically by song title. Is there a way to get it to play in the correct order? Do I have to create playlist files for each album (if so, what format)?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
SYNC seems to be ignoring both file names and track # in the MP3's ID3 tag, instead it plays albums alphabetically by song title. Is there a way to get it to play in the correct order? Do I have to create playlist files for each album (if so, what format)?
As far as I could tell, if you play the album by selecting it by album name, it plays in the correct order. if you play it by selecting through artist or song, it plays alphabetically.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
From my experience it depends on how you are calling them up. If I request a song, it will continue through the rest of the library in alphabetical order after that. If I request an album, it will continue through the album in sequential order after that. If I request an artist, it will run through the artist in alphabetical order after that. Note these are in reference to the "play" commands, not the "browse" commands.

Guess I'm still not sure what you are getting at as far as order. Are you saying "Play album XYZ" and having it play the tracks strictly in alphabetical order? Are they sequential at the album level? I'm running Sync/MFT so not sure how the play/browse commands differ if at all. What is your music playing off of? Creating playlist files for each album seems like overkill but I don't know your setup.

·
Registered
168 Posts
As far as I could tell, if you play the album by selecting it by album name, it plays in the correct order. if you play it by selecting through artist or song, it plays alphabetically.
Using my 7th Gen Ipod Classic...

Play Album "Dark Side of the Moon", would play the album.
With shuffle on, it would play in random order.
With shuffle off, it would play in the album order.

I noticed that the other day wanting to hear Dark Side of the Moon.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Using my 7th Gen Ipod Classic...

Play Album "Dark Side of the Moon", would play the album.
With shuffle on, it would play in random order.
With shuffle off, it would play in the album order.

I noticed that the other day wanting to hear Dark Side of the Moon.
Correct. Play Album plays the album's order... play artist plays alphabetically.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hmm, I usually use Explore USB and play a folder, I'll have to try playing an album by name instead.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hmm, I usually use Explore USB and play a folder, I'll have to try playing an album by name instead.
Yeah, that was it! [thumb]

Now, to find out the speaker wire colors...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts